Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

[Closed] AMA: Customer Journey Analytics (CJA) & Multi-Touch Revenue Attribution (MTRA)

dmastin_0-1677767980033.png

Actionable insights are key to developing a long-term, sustainable marketing strategy. - especially in a volatile macroeconomic environment. With HubSpot’s advanced marketing reporting tools, your team can gain visibility into what’s driving revenue and what’s not. 

Have questions about how to leverage both multi-touch revenue attribution (MTRA) and customer journey analytics (CJA), or questions in general about either tools? 

This AMA will take place over March 6 - 10 

Not sure what to ask? Here are some ideas: 

• How can I leverage the insights from both MTRA & CJA?
  • In customer journey analytics, when should I make steps optional?
  • How should I decide which MTRA models are best for my use case?
  • Does this only work for HubSpot hosted page views or external hosted web pages views? 
  • Use Case related Qs 

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

10 Replies 10
DFlach

[Closed] AMA: Customer Journey Analytics (CJA) & Multi-Touch Revenue Attribution (MTRA)

Hello! 

I've been trying to find a way to look at all the emails a contact has received before becoming an opp and between becoming an opp and a closed/won deal. I can scroll through a contact's activity record but haven't found a way to create a report that would show me this information. Is there a way to report on this without knowing exactly what emails they got?

Additionally, we market to contacts but sell to accounts. Is there a way to take the contact information mentioned above and turn it into an account report?

Thanks!

David

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for this @dmastin

How will customer journey analytics connect to offline efforts? Let's say I attend INBOUND23 and meet a bunch of folks on the expo floor. Will I be able to connect that real life event to all the ways those humans end up in my CRM? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
SKwameBaah
Participant

Yes, customer journey analytics can connect offline efforts such as attending a conference or trade show to the ways those individuals end up in your CRM. This can be done by using tools such as lead capture forms, QR codes, or other methods to track the source of leads and customers. By collecting this data and connecting it to your CRM, you can gain insights into the effectiveness of your offline efforts and how they contribute to your overall customer journey. This can help you optimize your marketing and sales strategies, and better understand your customers' behavior and preferences.

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey, Dan!

You could *technically* use custom behavioral events to track offline efforts today, but I know that can take a non-trivial amount of developer resources.

Having said that, a different team at HubSpot is working on getting offline efforts into HubSpot, and it's definitely our priority to support them in CJA when they're ready. I don't have a timeline yet on when that will be ready.

danmoyle

Thanks for the insight @dmastin

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jnix284

Hi @dmastin Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions, looking forward to the AMA and learning more about the possibilities with Customer Journey Analytics.

Here are my questions:

1 - How many stages do you think should be included as a min/max? Do you think it is better to start with fewer steps or try to match the ideal conversion path exactly?

2 - What is the impact of optional steps on the reporting, is there a visual difference when viewing the report?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Sebastikulhkamp
Participant

Eu acho melhor comecar com menos etapas eu estou aprendedo muito com voces.

SKwameBaah
Participant

Hi Jennifer,

1. The number of stages included in a conversion path can vary depending on the specific industry, target audience, and product/service offered. Generally, it's better to start with fewer steps and add more over time as needed. Starting with a simple, clear path can make it easier for customers to follow and for businesses to measure their success. As the business and the customer base grow, the path can be adjusted and expanded accordingly. However, it's important to make sure that the path includes all the essential touchpoints necessary to move the customer towards conversion.

2. Optional steps can impact reporting by providing additional data points and insights into the customer journey. For example, if a customer skips an optional step, it may indicate that it's not important to them or that they're not ready to take that step yet. This information can be used to adjust and optimize the path. When viewing reports, optional steps may be shown as a separate category or as a part of the overall path. It's important to track the performance of optional steps separately to measure their effectiveness and impact on the conversion rate.

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey, Jennifer!

1. I recommend starting with 3 stages that are more "high-level." A good example would be Lead > Marketing Qualified Lead > Opportunity (depending on how you're using lifecycle stages). From there, you can start to play around and expand. Do folks sometimes skip MQL and go straight to Opportunity? Mark MQL optional. Is there a specific ad campaign or form submission that you want to see how it's influencing L > MQL? Put it in between these stages on its own, then mark it as optional, too. 

2. Yes -- optional steps will switch the view to Sankey. This allows you to see exactly who (and quantity) is skipping a stage altogether.

Jnix284

Thanks @dmastin for the helpful answers to my questions, and answering them even before the AMA starts! Amazing! 🙌

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin