Support Resources

Internal Knowledge Base

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joined February-2017

Wordpress contact form 7 reply-to email in Hubspot Sales

I have a wordpress site that uses contact form 7 for contact form submissions. I have it sending From: noreply@mydomain.com <- an email from my domain to make sure it doesn't go to spam. I have a reply-to field set to the person's email who's filling out the form, however, when I hit reply, the hubspot gmail extension picks up my no-reply email, not the reply to email. Is there a way to fix that?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Regular Advisor
Joined October-2016

Re: Wordpress contact form 7 reply-to email in Hubspot Sales

Hi @416serg,

Is the form submission notification that you are receiving sent via HubSpot or via Contact Form 7? If you are referring to HubSpot-sent form submission notifications (from our Collected Forms tool) these notifications will be sent from a no-reply address and it won't be possible to reply to the email to message the person who submitted the form. 

I am not sure how the HubSpot Sales chrome extension plays into this. If you could provide additional details and screenshots of your issue I would be happy to assist further.

Rami

HubSpot Support

0 Kudos
Joined February-2017

Hey @relabidin,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The form submission happens through Contact Form 7.

Here's a scenario, you submit a contact form on my website (your email is ramy@hubspot.com). My website then sends me an email from no-reply@mywebsite.com with a reply-to attribute of ramy@hubspot.com.

When I hit reply to that email, the destination in my gmail compose window is ramy@hubspot.com, however the hubspot sidebar still shows the contact as no-reply@mywebsite.com

Does that make sense? 

0 Kudos
Regular Advisor
Joined October-2016

Yes, that makes sense.

That Contact Form 7 notification is essentially spoofing the email of the person who filled out the form. The email is actually sent from the email servers of Contact Form 7, but it has been configured to display the email address of the form submitter in the From field. The form submitter is not actually sending you that email, it is just cosmetically being displayed, while Contact Form 7 is really sending the notification. As a result, HubSpot Sales is picking up on the email address that the notification is actually being sent from (Contact Form 7). At this time we do not offer a feature or a setting to configure which email address gets detected and used for the Contact Profile sidebar in Gmail. 

However, you can copy the email address of the contact who submitted your form, open a new compose window and paste their email in the To field. This will cause the appropriate contact info to display in the sidebar so you can add them to the CRM.

Even better, our HubSpot Marketing Free tool has a feature called Collected Forms, that can detect the submission of your Contact Form 7 form on your site, and automatically add that contact to your HubSpot account.

Rami 

0 Kudos