Advocates Blog

danmoyle
by: Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Deliver a More Cohesive Customer Experience with HubSpot Payments

We can all agree that a more cohesive customer experience is critical to business growth today. Less friction, more happiness. 

So, why not make sure we can connect the beginning of the journey (marketing) with the end (paying us)? That's the goal of embedding your payment step directly into your CRM.

Plus, what if we made this change while making it easy on our own teams?

That's why, at Impulse Creative, we're already loving HubSpot payments. 

What's one reason we love it? Most of us aren't developers. Remington Begg, co-founder and CEO at Impulse says, "Stripe is built for developers, not average people. Stripe's strength is that it's extensive. But that adds complications. HubSpot payments is user friendly and easy to set up and use." 

This means if someone's built a complex system with external tools that need the payment processing side of things, Stripe may be the answer. But if you're building a business quickly and with agility, HubSpot payments makes it easy. 

Plus, you can take credit cards and also ACH. The ACH option is especially great and simple to set up. It's much better than credit cards. It's 0.5 percent instead of almost 3 percent for those transaction costs. So if you have larger tickets, you're saving on some business costs. And while you have that in Stripe, it's really eloquent in HubSpot to just "enable ACH," and you can just run on it.

Here's an example of what we're doing at Impulse: I created a paid consulting session meeting link that will allow me to set up one-off meetings with folks. I'm open to 15-minute "coffee talks" with Community members, which is a link in my signature. Then if you need more help, but not a full block of 5 or 10 sessions, nor a LearningOps training retainer, you can book a single session with me. And it was super easy to set up.

danmoyle_0-1660822840165.png

HubSpot Payments isn't perfect of course. At this point, one of the biggest shortcomings is the lack of a multiproduct cart option. It's one product, one payment link. For now, ecommerce isn't the goal with payments.

Another obstacle, for now, is limitations in integrations and reporting. If you have other tools that use Stripe, and you can integrate them into these tools for needs like reporting, there are no open end points yet for payments. This means right now you can't have external tools reporting on any metrics in that scenario. 

The silver lining? Payments is in its early stages and the product team is already listening to us in the customer realm, and making improvements. Payments is already valuable and quickly becoming indispensable. 

2 Comments