Ads

JnWong

linkedIn connection issue

SOLVE

I've been trying to connect my client LinkedIn ad account to Hubspot without success. I also followed advice from the Hubspot's troubleshoot page. I have the Super Amin user access to my client account. Here are the steps of what I did to connect:

1. In Hubspot, go to Marketing > Ads

2.  Click on Connect Accounts button.

3.  Click on LinkedIn button

4. Now it pops up a screen saying "Create a new LinkedIn ad account" with a button redirecting me to create an ad account https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/5749/create-an-account-or-ad-campaigns?lang=en

Is it weird that it didn't allow me to connect the LinkedIn account, instead it pops up and ask me to create ad account?

I tested it with my demo hubspot account. Following the above steps, it pops up a screen to allow me to login the LinkedIn account and successfully connected the account to Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JnWong
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks @webdew. I'm able to sovle it by requesting another of my colleague with a super admin access to connect the account. I'm sure there is a glitch in Hubspot.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
RMuhammad

SOLVE

i already did that and didnt work

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMuhammad Try it with another user account with Super Admin access. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JnWong ,

I was having the same problem while connecting my ad account. Upon contacting support they asked me if I have installed any ad blocker extension. Check for any ad blocker and make sure to disable it before connecting your ad accounts.

If still not happening then open your HS account on a different browser and then try. I got my account connected when tried on a different browser.

Hope it helps!
Thanks and Regards.

JnWong
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks @webdew. I'm able to sovle it by requesting another of my colleague with a super admin access to connect the account. I'm sure there is a glitch in Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

So the problem resolved. Must be a glitch. 

0 Upvotes
JnWong

SOLVE

Thanks @webdew ,
I've just tried it with a different Safari browser instead of Chrome and set to allow the pop up. The same issue happens. This also happens when I use Incognito browsing. 

For connecting with FB or Google ads account, it did show up the FB or Google login pop up. However, it shows the "Create a new LinkedIn ad account" pop up when I click to connect the LinkedIn account. 

This is really frustrating for me. I've been helping my clients to set up the connection before. It just doesn't work for me this time. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@JnWong My problem was solevd when I tried it on another browser. If its still not working for you, I'll advise you to connect support. Hope it will get resolve :).

0 Upvotes