Ads

lathurm
Mitglied

Vanity URLs

lösung

Hi! We often do a lot of print pieces that require vanity "user friendly" URLs that are easy for viewers to recall - in other words, not a .bitly. Can you recommend the best method to use when creating these? 

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

Vanity URLs

lösung

Hi, @lathurm. You'll want to purchase customized short URLs from Bitly first before proceeding. See this community post from last week for more details (and a use case which is slightly beyond what you asked). While a Bitly product, the short URLs themselves can be customized to whatever you like. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

Vanity URLs

lösung

Hi @harroldhino 

The way I see it, you've basically got two choices:

• Redirect from simpler/neater URLs to longer/more complex ones at your standard domain using 301 redirects
  • Use a link shortener, like Bitly, with a custom short domain

Bitly has been around long enough, I think, to have earned some trust. And with a branded short domain configured with it, no one needs to know. I use Bitly to run my shortended links using the domain bb2b.io and I havent looked back. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

10 Antworten
samanthacasey
Teilnehmer/-in

Vanity URLs

lösung

It would be nice if HubSpot would allow for us to create vanity links for our designed landing pages without the bit.ly work around.

BShukla19
Teilnehmer/-in

Vanity URLs

lösung
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Vanity URLs

lösung

Thanks for sharing, @BShukla19

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

Vanity URLs

lösung

Hi, @lathurm. You'll want to purchase customized short URLs from Bitly first before proceeding. See this community post from last week for more details (and a use case which is slightly beyond what you asked). While a Bitly product, the short URLs themselves can be customized to whatever you like. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
harroldhino
Teilnehmer/-in

Vanity URLs

lösung

I'm looking at a solution for the same. I'm in a space that will have concerns using link shorteners. People don't know where that link will land.

I realize that the same can be said for any printed links but, for me, link shorteners create an added layer of concern.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

Vanity URLs

lösung

Hi @harroldhino 

The way I see it, you've basically got two choices:

• Redirect from simpler/neater URLs to longer/more complex ones at your standard domain using 301 redirects
  • Use a link shortener, like Bitly, with a custom short domain

Bitly has been around long enough, I think, to have earned some trust. And with a branded short domain configured with it, no one needs to know. I use Bitly to run my shortended links using the domain bb2b.io and I havent looked back. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
JorieMunroe
Academy-Professor/in
Academy-Professor/in

Vanity URLs

lösung

Hi @lathurm,

Great question! Just wanted to circle back on this. Did you find a solution to this issue? If not, have you tried using URL redirects

Best,

Jorie

BShukla19
Teilnehmer/-in

Vanity URLs

lösung

Click here to solution within hubspot

0 Upvotes
BShukla19
Teilnehmer/-in

Vanity URLs

lösung

can be manage through HubSpot, visit here to see details:

Click: How to implement with HubSpot

0 Upvotes
bendonahower
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

Vanity URLs

lösung

This is how we do it! So long as the domain itself isn't terribly long we create pages with short, memorable URLs and then redirect.

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
0 Upvotes