Ads

svbkbrando

Report Hubspot form submissions to Facebook Pixel as conversions (for ad optimization)

Hello!

We do a lot of Facebook Ads that are optimized for conversions (in our case: Form Submissions) and in all our websites we use Hubspot Forms. Facebook needs to know when a user converts from a specific campaign to improove the targeting via the usual "standard events"  like:

fbq('track', 'Lead');

But the conversions column in Facebook's Ad Manager shows 0 conversions and the campaing can't be optimized.

We were expecting that Hubspot automatially sends at least a 'Lead' event to FB, especially by providing the Facebook Pixel from Hubspot's Facebook Ads integration. Because Hubspot form are embedded in an iframe there's virtually no way for the site to know when a form has been submitted to sent events ourselves. Relying on "thank-you" pages has always been a source of ghost/duplicate conversion counting for us.

Does Hubspot actually do sends Facebook Pixel events on form submission and we are just doing something wrong?

Does adding the Facebook Pixel via Hubspot enables some integrations, or is just a tool to help unexpericed users?

Thanks!

9 Replies 9
PNewnes

Report Hubspot form submissions to Facebook Pixel as conversions (for ad optimization)

I had the same problem. I solved using Google Tag Manager:

• Add below into a custom HTML tag

<script>
  fbq('track', 'Lead');
</script>​

• Fire it by using the trigger set up in these instructions for how to fire a GA event on Hubspot form success.

No code needed.

Cheers,

Paul.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PNewnes,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community 🙂

Best,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
ABatPP
Participant

Thank you for this Paul - I followed the instructions you posted and this has fixed the issue for me!

Much appreciated,

Alice

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, did we ever get any resolution to this?

MikeSchwede
Participant

That's pretty weird. Hubspot is claiming to be THE sales CRM tool and basics stuff like firing conversion events to LinkedIn, Facebook, Google and GTM isn't standard. Even our simple blogging tool www.cooala.com is firing these events by standard because you need it all day when doing online marketing with lead forms.

Should be standard without coding, guys.

ZviPardes
Contributor

I agree 100% with @MikeSchwede. This should be A LOT easier to do without custom coding. @akelley can we get more resources on this? I do not have the knowledge or time to figure out the custom coding. I'm a marketing team of one.

BD31
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Agree with you 100% Mike. Seems unreal that the user would have to jump through coding hoops to get an embedded form button to be recognized by Facebook. Can't manage the entire customer's journey if we can't track conversions! 

ZviPardes
Contributor

Indeed, @BD31 ! Unreal.

akelley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @svbkbrando - While we don't natively connect the submit button to Facebook, we do have a resource on our developer's forum on customizing the forms embed code. 

If you wanted to try to customize the embed code to include the pixel, you can explore this resource: Customize form embed code