Ads

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Original Source Ad campaign doesn't match ad campaign listed in Ad Activity

I have a contact who's ads Activity at 9:58am is

NAME HEREclicked on your Google Ads ad Erosion Control Products

This activity is fully expanded. Click to collapse this activity and hide some of its details.
Google Ads campaign: TEC002GS/Concrete-Canvas
Google Ads ad account: Titan Environmental
Google Ads ad group: Concrete Canvas
Google Ads keyword: concrete canvas

Yet the Original Source at 9:58am is sourcing a different paid search Campaign.  

why would the original source campaign not match the Ads activity details.  I did notice that the same Ad group is in each of the campaigns.  Would HubSpot "glitch" and attribute original source to the campaign where the Ad group was first created even if that ad group is paused under that campaign. 

Not sure if that is the case but trying to figure out why the original source attribution is to a different campaign than the campaign that is listed in the Ads activity for the same time
0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
JdeRocquigny
Contributor

I think somehow Hubspot is mislabelling the original drill source 1 because of a paused ad group.  

Any record created created prior to end of May where the contact clicked on a particular ad group, the original source 1 and ads activity makes sense.

After May where the contact clicked on same ad group, the original source drill down 1 is Tec002gs/products , the Ads campaign ad activity shows as TEC002GS/Concrete canvas as the Google Ads campaign which is a discrepency.

The same ad group exists under both campaign but the one under Tec002gs/products was paused (I suspect end of may - I'm confirming with a marketing team)

I’m wondering if pausing the ad group in one campaign and adding it to the other campaign is now causing the issue where Hubspot is still associating the Ad Group for original source with the ad campaign where that ad group originally existed? 

The contact being created from paid search, ads activity and form submission is all happening within minutes of each other and highly unlikely that the user interacted with 2 different ad groups within minutes.

what I have noticed though (see attached) is that even though in Ad Campaign Tec002gs/products where the Ad Group was paused and the corresponding Ad shows paused, the KEYWORDS still show active.   Would that cause this issue?  By pausing the Ad Group and the Ad, shouldn't the keywords auto be set to inactive as well?

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Here is the attachment and also note that although the keywords in paused campaign show active, there is no way to make them inactive. Campaign Screenshots 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hello @JdeRocquigny ,

The property Original Source tells you the first known source through which a contact interacted with your business. Whereas the Ads details are specific about the activity that happened with your Ad. These can be different, If this is the latest activity your contact did, maybe you can find this information in the property Latest Source. 

If this is not the case, then i will request to send some screenshots or loom. More the visibility, more are the chances to get this resolved.

You can also reach out the HubSpot support by clicking on the Help bubble in the bottom right.