Ads

JStaerck-Weil

Linkedin ad audience, list upload

SOLVE

Hello, 

I have been struggling for a few days now with my list upload on my Linkedin campaign manager account. 

I have a list of 374 contacts, downloaded directly from my Linkedin connections (100% of the contacts are Linkedin connections). 

My list format matches the template Linkedin provides, meaning the columns are called the following: firstname lastname employeecompany jobtitle. 

I do not have their email addresses, unfortunately. 

The problem arises after the list is done processing: it says the list is not big enough because it has less than 300 members. 

But the list comes from Linkedin itself, so Linkedin should be able to find a match, even without the email address. 

I first tried it with the import from Hubspot ("third party import"), but it didn't work and decided to do it directly via LinkedIn ("list upload"), but as I said it's not working, and I don't understand why since the list comes from Linkedin. 

I have checked on the Linkedin help Center, blogs, etc, but couldn't find my answer. 

Your help would be extremely appreciated! If anyone knows the reason or found a solution to this, please reach out 🙂 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted solution
DavidDennison
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

So basically what these lists do is cross-reference what's in the spreadsheet, with the information they have on their profile.

So if a person has changed companies, changed job title, or even changed their name, it won't be able to match your list with those people unless you give it more data. There are ways to pull e-mails from LinkedIn profiles. Take a look at Phantom Buster.

Most people don't change their email address too often so including that could solve your problem!

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
DavidDennison
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

So basically what these lists do is cross-reference what's in the spreadsheet, with the information they have on their profile.

So if a person has changed companies, changed job title, or even changed their name, it won't be able to match your list with those people unless you give it more data. There are ways to pull e-mails from LinkedIn profiles. Take a look at Phantom Buster.

Most people don't change their email address too often so including that could solve your problem!

David Dennison

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
JStaerck-Weil

SOLVE

Hi David - 

It's a list I just uploaded, it would be surprising that so many people changed jobs so quickly. 

I will check Phantom Buster, thank you for your time! 

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

SOLVE

It could be other things such as formatting, but without seeing the list it's hard to go further into detail. Let me know if you need more help!

David Dennison

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @JStaerck-Weil thank you for all the information provided, I wanted to add a few top experts to this matter @GuyTaylor @Kim_HM any recommendations to @JStaerck-Weil matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !