Ads

Osnovyanenko
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

LinkedIn Form Ads do not track new contacts to existing campaign

Hello!

While setting up LinkedIn Ads tracking, I've noticed there's a collision with a Campaign feature. Basically, HubSpot Campaign tracks the sources based on the UTM tags. So naturally, I name my LinkedIn Campaign the same as my HubSpot campaign.

HubSpot Campaign.png

LinkedIn Campaign.png

Turns out, HubSpot's auto-tracking sets up utm_campaign after the name of ad group. This creates a tracking fault where the campaign data is not correctly viewed.

Wrong UTM campaign.png

I think the problem is with HubSpot's organization of UTM tags. I understand that HubSpot universally uses utm_source for the exact name of the platform and utm_medium for the type of traffic. However, the ad platforms use UTM tags to differentiate between ad groups and their ads. That's why I can't name every LinkedIn Ad Group after my HubSpot campaign - I wouldn't be able to track the performance.

That's why I'm curious if anyone has found a workaround and if HubSpot wants to fix it.

0 いいね!
2件の返信
ZaynOconnor123
メンバー

The thread is three years old, but the issue you're facing with UTM tags and LinkedIn Ads tracking in HubSpot can still be relevant today. Marketing and advertising strategies evolve, but challenges like these can persist. Also, I'd recommend to check out this resource that can help you monitor and analyze the performance of your LinkedIn advertising campaigns at https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1012747034938707369/. Staying up-to-date with analytics tools and insights remains valuable for digital marketing professionals. If you haven't found a solution to your UTM tag problem, you might want to explore marketing forums or HubSpot's support resources to see if there have been updates or workarounds in recent years.

0 いいね!
Osnovyanenko
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

So I've read the knowledge base, and here I've found that I can manually edit the utm_campaign. So here's what I'm going to do then. I'll change the utm_campaign to my campaign group name and leave the rest as is. For performance tags, there are these properties: 

hsa_acc={accountid}
hsa_cam={campaigngroupid}
hsa_grp={campaignid}
hsa_ad={creative}

I'll keep this thread open for a while in case anyone wants to share their opinions.