Ads

Cimolini

Linked Facebook and Google Ads accounts shows impressions and clicks, but not contacts

SOLVE

I've connected both my Facebook and Google ads account to Hubspot. I can see impressions and click data in the Ads Report, but it says 0 contacts were generated from my campaign. But according to both Google Analytics and the campaigns respective platforms, I've generated at least 20 contacts.

Any idea what might be happening?

1 Accepted solution
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Linked Facebook and Google Ads accounts shows impressions and clicks, but not contacts

SOLVE

Hi @Cimolini ,

I understand that you have observed a difference in the 'Contacts' metric reported on HubSpot and on Google/Facebook. To share some contexts, HubSpot uses ads attribution to report the 'Contacts' metric. This is measured by looking at whether their ads interaction has led to the creation of the contact. Thus, it is fundamentally different from conversions reported by ad networks, which measures whether specific goals are met.

That being said, we can take these steps to make sure that ads attribution are working as expected.

• Attribution type - Did the contacts fit the criteria for the attribution selected? (Click here to view types) The attribution type defines how the contact creation can be attributed by ads and it makes a difference to the count of contacts.
  • Date range - Just to make sure we are comparing them in the same time period, you can ensure that date filters are aligned as well (see screenshot attached)
  • Ads status - There may be a filter applied in your report that only shows 'Active' ad campaigns (see screenshot attached)

In any case, I would love to help and check on this further with you. 

I hope this helps clarifies and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. I'm most glad to assist!

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Cimolini ,

I understand that you have observed a difference in the 'Contacts' metric reported on HubSpot and on Google/Facebook. To share some contexts, HubSpot uses ads attribution to report the 'Contacts' metric. This is measured by looking at whether their ads interaction has led to the creation of the contact. Thus, it is fundamentally different from conversions reported by ad networks, which measures whether specific goals are met.

That being said, we can take these steps to make sure that ads attribution are working as expected.

• Attribution type - Did the contacts fit the criteria for the attribution selected? (Click here to view types) The attribution type defines how the contact creation can be attributed by ads and it makes a difference to the count of contacts.
  • Date range - Just to make sure we are comparing them in the same time period, you can ensure that date filters are aligned as well (see screenshot attached)
  • Ads status - There may be a filter applied in your report that only shows 'Active' ad campaigns (see screenshot attached)

In any case, I would love to help and check on this further with you. 

I hope this helps clarifies and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. I'm most glad to assist!

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
0 Upvotes