Ads

TriptiCoaching

Landing page tagged as having malicious software by google ads

malcioussoftware.pngMalicious Sw.pngMShubspot.png

Hi, 

Need help to resolve Google ads tagging Landing page from hubspot as having malicious software.

12 Replies 12
TVento
Participant

Hi, I contacted Google Ads support. They scanned our domain and it came back clean. It takes 24 hours that their systems sync, but they recommend re-uploading the ads. 

Rebeca_mubu

I contacted them too and they provided me the link I don't even have on my page. I am desperate 

Rebeca_mubu

Hey, any news regarding this? I am experinecing the same problem with any landing page created with the free version of hubspot. Google ads tagged my landing page as suspicious and provided the same link as the problem that someone shared before: 

newnew-25257697[.]hubspotpagebuilder[.]eu
I tried to only publish a template and it also says it has malicious software.

Is there any solution? 

Thanks!
Rebeca_mubu

Hey, have you reached this spot trying to find an answer and you are desperate?

I get you, I had the same feeling:

First contact Ads support and tell them you are not hosting any software

If you can just share with them the screenshot of the result of this: https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search

Keep telling them that you are not hosting any of that and do you even have that URL on your code (show them also a screenshot of your sourcecode and the results searching the url they will provide)

At some point they will surrender and they will say that you site is clean. So if you are using Hubspot free just take in mind that you will need two extra days to argue with Google before being able to launch your campaing. 

So sorry I am not bearing better news 😞

Have some patience 🙂

0 Upvotes
TVento
Participant

Hi,
I'm also experiencing the same issue. Google Ads refuses to publish my search ads because of malware. Google Search Console doesn't report anything suspicious nor does the google safe browsing test. What can I do?

BR, Taija 

EGOURVENEC

Hi ! I have the same issue with my campaign using this page : http://legalyspace-25075837.hubspotpagebuilder.eu/d%C3%A9mat%C3%A9rialisation-rh-bulletin-de-salaire...

It's the free version too and my campaign is tagged as having malicious software by google ads.

Do we have some news about this topics ?

How can we resolve this problem ?

@ZsoltSipeki did you manage to make your campaign work ?

Thanks in advance.

Elisa

Ben_M
Key Advisor

Can you post a link to the page that Google is tagging as malicious?  There was an issue Hubspot had awhile back with a server being tagged for this and blocked by some ISPs.  Possible that server is linked in your setup or there is another server that may have been flagged. 

ZsoltSipeki
Participant

ZsoltSipeki
Participant

Also the Google Search console asks to prove if you own the LP, but AFAIK with the free version we can't do it: there's no option to edit the HTML or add the meta tag etc.

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

How is the backend of your website built? Are you on WP or did you only use HubSpot?

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
ZsoltSipeki
Participant

Hey, I have the exact same issue and I don't even use WP but a simple Hubspot landing page. I doubt that I would have any malicious software, I'm using the free version, so I can't even do too many changes...I'm wondering if the domain of the free version is the issue? Or the not secure http:// URL references in the source code which we cannot edit since we have free edition only? BTW I opened a ticket in Google Ads and hoping for some resolution...

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @TriptiCoaching 

Thank you for the information provided!

Looking at past cases with similar issues like this, this may be related to how Google Ads characterizes content. To provide you with some context, HubSpot has been in extensive communication with Google about the nature of HubSpot's CMS hosting infrastructure, and they have assured us that HubSpot's CMS and default assets are not a cause for malicious content errors.

That being said, there are a few steps that you can take to verify that your content does not run into Google's content policies. Referring to this documentation, I have outlined the steps here:
  • Scan your website on Google Search Console (Link here) for any security issues
  • Verify that your submitted ads URLs come back as 'Safe' using this Google Safe Browsing Test

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !