Ads

GwenH
Participant

Is there a way to track where the people who download our PDFs come from?

Hi there,

I have not yet used Hubspot to manage social ads, and am looking into doing this. 

I currently have FB and LI pixels set up so I can see when ad campaigns have click throughs to my product pages, but I would like to take this a step further and be able to track which of those click throughs/landing page visits are converting to a PDF download (via Hubspot pop up form).

Is there a way to track this?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Hi Gwenh,

Yes this is a very simple task, all you need to do is create a new property called: utm_source

Create it as a single line text.

Add it to your form as a hidden field (Hubspot Automatically knows what to do with this) and everytime someone submits a form to download the PDF you will see in the form fields the source.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
GwenH
Participant

Thanks for that info! It looks like I'm only able to have four fields on our pop up forms -- is there a way around this? Currently we have fields for

• first name
  • last name
  • email address
  • opt-in to our mailing list

Is there a way I can embed that code into the html body of the form pop up?

0 Upvotes
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Hi,

Unfortuntely the Hubspot pop-up forms are not very versitile so I would suggest using a 3rd party poo-up form for this and then you can use the UTM_source tracking.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
GwenH
Participant

That sort of defeats the purpose of us using Hubspot for the PDF download/pop up forms.

Are you saying it's possible for us to use a third party pop up form code that still adds the person downloading as a contact in Hubspot like Hubspot's pop up form does?

Sorry for all the questions! 

0 Upvotes