Ads

TimPolly

Incorrectly attributing referral traffic to paid search - how can I remove or recategorize?

SOLVE

We have a referral site that's being pulled in as Paid and inflating our paid reporting.

How can I 1) either remove it totally from paid reports or 2) recategorize it properly?

I don't see a way to remove a specific site/source from an analytics report.

Thanks!

Tim

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Incorrectly attributing referral traffic to paid search - how can I remove or recategorize?

SOLVE

Hi @TimPolly,

HubSpot categorizes traffic following these rules: How traffic is categorized into each source If you can influence your traffic at this level already, that's your best option.

If you need to change this retroactively, you would have to identify these contacts (by filtering your contacts by Original source)...

karstenkoehler_1-1627982142798.png

... and then bulk edit these contacts. When you do this from the contact index page, for example, you could change paid traffic to referral traffic:

karstenkoehler_0-1627982106787.png

Whether this change will accurately and retroactively reflect in reporting however I cannot say. There aren't any options to recategorize right within the analytics tools.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TimPolly,

HubSpot categorizes traffic following these rules: How traffic is categorized into each source If you can influence your traffic at this level already, that's your best option.

If you need to change this retroactively, you would have to identify these contacts (by filtering your contacts by Original source)...

karstenkoehler_1-1627982142798.png

... and then bulk edit these contacts. When you do this from the contact index page, for example, you could change paid traffic to referral traffic:

karstenkoehler_0-1627982106787.png

Whether this change will accurately and retroactively reflect in reporting however I cannot say. There aren't any options to recategorize right within the analytics tools.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.