Ads

ivocruz88

Hubspot LinkedIn and Facebook Ads Tracking | UTM parameters

So I've configured out all my campaigns through LK Campaign Manager and Facebook Ads Manager, respectively. I've set all UTM parameters for each ad and then I've took notice that could use HubSpot to help me track all these ads activity.

I've set all the integrations and then, when I was configuring the UTM parameters I've read that: 

Spoiler

The tracking URL template is applied to all ads across all your connected ad accounts. Any changes made will update tracking on all existing and new ads.

So lets take this UTM parameters that I've set on LK:
Spoiler
?utm_source={{site_source_name}}&utm_medium={{placement}}&utm_campaign=wast_aw&utm_term=design
Using HubSpot Ads Tracking means that I will no be able to track {{site_source_name}} or {{placement}} because HS is not able to read it?

Hope everyone understood my case. Thanks!
2 Replies 2
RJaglan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @ivocruz88 
I hope LK campaign Manger is a LinkedIn campaign manager (Jargon sometimes be confusing) 

Hubspot will be able to track your ads. The tracking template here signifies that HubSpot ads their own tracking parameter "HSA" to track and attribute activity in the HubSpot Ads tools.

You will find below all the parameters that will be added to your ads.

I am not sure about the "utm_terms" parameter but the rest of the parameters will going to be tracked.

HubSpot adds the following URL parameters to each LinkedIn ad using :

utm_source=linkedin
utm_medium=paid
utm_campaign={name of ad campaign}
hsa_net=linkedin
hsa_ver=3
hsa_acc={accountid}
hsa_cam={campaigngroupid}
hsa_grp={campaignid}
hsa_ad={creative}

And here's a link to knowledge base articles regarding other ad accounts like Google & Facebook as well.
Link to articles:

There is a couple of limitation to keep in mind that will be helpful while running ads or you would like to troubleshoot:

Hope this will resolve your doubts 🙂

SBlocq
Contributor

Hi @RJaglan,

I have a follow up question on this. I would also like to use utm_source={{site_source_name}}&utm_medium={{placement}} to track my META ads. Will Hubspot be able to track this as Paid Social Source? As I have read that this is how Hubspot identifies Paid Social:

The "utm_medium" parameter contains "paid," "ppc," or "cpc", and the "utm_source" parameter is exactly the name of a recognized social network.

OR

The "utm_medium" parameter contains "paid," "ppc," or "cpc", and the referring domain is a social media site.

OR

The "utm_source" or "utm_medium" contains "paidsocial".

0 Upvotes