Ads

MHayataki

HubSpot Ads audience pros and cons

SOLVE

Hi,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of creating ads audience on HubSpot?

Obvious advantages are

1. HubSpot Ads audience offers the same experience across all platform so less learning curve

2. You have all audience on HubSpot, instead of Google, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter

Disadvantages are

1. Features are not as strong as Google Ads, Facebook Ads?
For example, you cannot create Google Ads combined audience and custom audience on HubSpot, right?

Any other advantages and disadvantages?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
KTownsend
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@natsumimori Thanks for tagging me!

Hi @MHayataki, happy to share my thoughts here! I think from my perspective, one of the main advantages of HubSpot ads audiences is that you can create audiences for contacts in your CRM based on a range of criteria. For example, you might want to create different audiences based on lead score (e.g. cold, warm and hot contacts) or lifecycle stage, then show different content to different groups to personalise as much as possible. This isn't something you can do in the ad platforms themselves, which I think is a big advantage of the HubSpot ads tool. Another good thing is that these audiences sync across to the ad platform automatically, so if a contact were to change from a lead to an MQL, they would leave the 'lead' audience and enter the 'MQL' audience automatically, so no manual updates are required. You can also then create lookalike audiences based on these audiences to help you reach a wider range of potential customers.

In terms of disadvantages, as you mentioned you aren't able to create combined audiences for Google Ads through HubSpot which I'd say is one of the main cons. However, there aren't any others to my knowledge.

I hope this helps!

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
OneIMS_Team
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@KTownsend   Considering the evolving landscape of digital advertising with privacy concerns and platform limitations (such as Apple's ATT and cookieless tracking), I'm curious to know if you have seen the audience match rate and retargeting abilties decline since you posted your answer back in 2021?

I am trying to verfiy a few things we are seeing on our end and your response is apreciated. 

0 Upvotes
KTownsend
Solution

SOLVE

@natsumimori Thanks for tagging me!

Hi @MHayataki, happy to share my thoughts here! I think from my perspective, one of the main advantages of HubSpot ads audiences is that you can create audiences for contacts in your CRM based on a range of criteria. For example, you might want to create different audiences based on lead score (e.g. cold, warm and hot contacts) or lifecycle stage, then show different content to different groups to personalise as much as possible. This isn't something you can do in the ad platforms themselves, which I think is a big advantage of the HubSpot ads tool. Another good thing is that these audiences sync across to the ad platform automatically, so if a contact were to change from a lead to an MQL, they would leave the 'lead' audience and enter the 'MQL' audience automatically, so no manual updates are required. You can also then create lookalike audiences based on these audiences to help you reach a wider range of potential customers.

In terms of disadvantages, as you mentioned you aren't able to create combined audiences for Google Ads through HubSpot which I'd say is one of the main cons. However, there aren't any others to my knowledge.

I hope this helps!

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you very much for sharing @KTownsend ! 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for your post @MHayataki !

@NicoleSengers and @KTownsend - I'm wondering if you could weigh in here, would you mind sharing your thoughts?