Ads

TDAdmin
Participant

How to simplify/automate reporting by integrating HS w Google Ads & Wordpress

Hello, 

I'm trying to simplify/automate reporting for all my stakeholders so that there is less manual number crunching via spreadsheets etc.

I'm currently using the HS Starter package running Google Ads on a Wordpress site. My WP site uses HS forms and I have conversion tracking is in place to attribute all new Contacts with a Gclid.

Today I tried to connect Google Ads with Hubspot but I was confused by the request for a Pixel and the warning about "double counting". I assume that I can skip this step since I already have conversion tracking on my HS form? Is this correct?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Ben_M
Key Advisor

I'm not sure I'm understanding what your setup is and maybe you can help explain what you are referring to.

You have Hubspot Starter, a Wordpress site where the Hubspot forms are hosted, and Google Ads. I do not understand what you mean about the conversion tracking on the forms with the gclid. Are you saying that you just setup a hidden field to capture this? If so, that is ok, but Hubspot looks at the referring source of your visitor to interpret Paid Search traffic so this is unnecessary unless you have plans to use that gclid in some other manner.

Taking a step back in Google Ads, how did you setup your ads to track conversions? Did you implement through a tag manager, or a manually add the tracking code to your site? If you are installing this google tracking code multiple times, this could cause counting issues possibly resulting in the error you are receiving. Can you confirm if this piece is setup already?

TDAdmin
Participant

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for the reply. We set up conversion tracking via Tag Manager. Our current implementation is basically like this.

1. User clicks Google Ad and gets sent to our WP site
  2. If the user submits a form on the website (a HS form embedded on WP site), the tag manager fires and records a conversion in GAds.
  3. HS then creates a new contact providing the unique Gclid for that contact

This all works great! Now, my goal is to integrate Google Ads with Hubspot so that EOM and EOQ reporting can be generated by Hubspot.

The part i'm not understanding happens here... Given the setup described above, can I just skip this step? I should already have all the tracking pixels I need in place already right? But then it says "Remember to remove any existing pixel installations on your website to avoid double counting." This statment is confusing. Getting conversion tracking working was a huge pain and I really don't want to go back down this road of removing, reinstalling, testing, troubleshooting etc.

Let me know if what i'm trying to accomplish is more clear now. Thanks!

Ads_HubSpot.png

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

As you already have the pixel based on what you said, you should skip this step as the pixel would already be configured.