Ads

psusanah
Membre

How to find out what contact converted on Google Ads

Hi all,

I've been desperately trying for months to understand how to discover what contact / email address converted on Google Ads, and I still haven't been able to find an answer, even after speaking to the HubSpot support chat.

What I want is simple: if I see a conversion on Google Ads (a form submission on the website) I want to be able to find out who submitted the form. It's the only reason I signed up to HubSpot, as my understanding was that HubSpot has the tools to access this information. 

I've connected my HubSpot account with the Google Ads account - I can see all the campaigns, ad groups and keywords. I can see the clicks, impressions and conversion rate. The "contacts" column remains at 0, even though I have conversions (form submissions) on Google Ads.

What do I have to do to be able to see who converted?

FYI: I'm not an admin in the Google Ads account. I found an article on HubSpot that says you need to be to connect Google Ads with HubSpot, but I managed to connect them without being an admin. Not sure if this is somehow causing an issue, but just putting it out there just in case.

Thanks so much for any help at all. Haven't been able to find anything online either.

Best,

Paula

0 Votes
2 Réponses
MrJustinGivens
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Gold
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Gold

@psusanah It sounds like the HubSpot tracking template isn't configured because you weren't admin access in Google. Like you are experiencing, you don't see the full integration with Google Ads.

You can use the First Page Seen property and look for utm_ tags within the URL. For example, if it contains utm_source=cpc

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Justin Givens

HUG Leader & Community Champion

Resident HubSpot Nerd | Image in a Box

mobilePhone
(256) 886-8269 | (256) 434-5877

emailAddress
justin@imageianbox.com

website
imageinabox.com

Schedule a time to talk

website
Let's connect on LinkedIn

0 Votes
psusanah
Membre

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply. I'm now admin of the Google Ads account in question, but I still don't see the information I want on HubSpot. Contacts are still 0. Any ideas on how I could fix it?

Re First Page Seen, do you have a tutorial on how to do this? I found a video on YouTube but now sure it is what you meant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb8tdBK4SUU

Many thanks,

Paula

0 Votes