Ads

donrua
Colaborador líder

How can I track Google Ad user country location in Hubspot, to combine with conversion info

resolver

I have campaigns running in multiple countries. We have some heavy traffic, CTR, and conversions from some countries, others no so much. So I want to combine two things that are tracked, but I cant' find them combined. Hubspot knows who converted (form submission which is now a new contact), and Google Ads knows the location that every user was at when the clicked an ad (Germany, Turkey, UK, etc). But I cannot see from those new contacts, what country they were in when they saw the ad, even though that should be knowable info.
How can I see a report showing the location of the user that Google Ads knows, for those that submitted a form that Hubspot knows? All I see is 'how many' converted, not WHO, by location.
Is there a syntax for adding this into the google ads tracking params, and does Hubspot accept and store this info as a column I can filter or sort by? When I looked at valuetrack, I didn't see a straightforward country or user location that I would expect. Thanks for any help. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Daniel_Bleich
Solución
Asesor destacado

How can I track Google Ad user country location in Hubspot, to combine with conversion info

resolver

Hi,

First off all, in terms of ad reporting, Hubspot still has some work to do in terms of comprehensive reports, at the moment I am using Google Data Studio since I am not getting what I need form them.

What you can do is create a list with Google ads as the original source and then add the country parameter to the list so you will see each contact and their country and also add the ad ID they interacted with.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
donrua
Colaborador líder

resolver

Daniel - you put me on the path! And it was so simple, I feel like a dope. I had created a list from all the form submission conversions from the ad campaign. Adding "country" was blank, but when I added "IP Country", from the "Conversion Information" group, wah la! I have what I need to see if converts from certain countries are minnows or whales, and adjust my campaign targeting accordingly. Thanks again.

0 Me gusta
donrua
Colaborador líder

resolver

thanks, Daniel, I'll try to do that. Do you believe I need to add to the paramaters / tracking url in Google Ads, to send through the user location info, or is that standard. When looking at the value parameters help files, a bunch of them, I didn't see the syntax for adding precisely that. Though in Google Ads reports I can see the precise location of every ad click.

0 Me gusta
Daniel_Bleich
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi,

First off all, in terms of ad reporting, Hubspot still has some work to do in terms of comprehensive reports, at the moment I am using Google Data Studio since I am not getting what I need form them.

What you can do is create a list with Google ads as the original source and then add the country parameter to the list so you will see each contact and their country and also add the ad ID they interacted with.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
JessicaH
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @donrua,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @jimbanks @ajchapman20 @Daniel_Bleich, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta