Ads

highfidelity
Participant

Historic data

SOLVE
Hey,
So, I'd like to clean-up all my contacts with lifecycle stage = subscribers. These were leads from my paid campaigns that were rejected by sales. However, I know by deleting them, that the cost per contact etc under marketing -> ads won't be correct anymore. It will be lost.

Would you have any ideas what we can do to easily without too much manual work save this kind of data? Should we export to Google Sheets for example? Any ideas are very welcome. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Historic data

SOLVE

Hi @highfidelity,

Generally, I would recommend to never delete contacts (unless they're duplicates, spam etc.). If a contact unsubscribed from all communication but is added to your database at a later point by a sales rep, you might be sending communication to contacts who have asked you not to.

Instead you could set them to Lifecycle stage Other and Lead status Unqualified. (By filtering for these values, you can create lists and suppress them from future marketing activity.) Additionally, you can set them as non-marketing, they won't count towards your contact tier then: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/set-contacts-as-non-marketing

Alternatively, you can opt these contacts out. They shouldn't count towards your billable contacts anymore then. (Keep in mind, that you'll not be able to opt these contacts back in.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Historic data

SOLVE

Hi @highfidelity,

Generally, I would recommend to never delete contacts (unless they're duplicates, spam etc.). If a contact unsubscribed from all communication but is added to your database at a later point by a sales rep, you might be sending communication to contacts who have asked you not to.

Instead you could set them to Lifecycle stage Other and Lead status Unqualified. (By filtering for these values, you can create lists and suppress them from future marketing activity.) Additionally, you can set them as non-marketing, they won't count towards your contact tier then: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/set-contacts-as-non-marketing

Alternatively, you can opt these contacts out. They shouldn't count towards your billable contacts anymore then. (Keep in mind, that you'll not be able to opt these contacts back in.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.