Ads

Malvika_Jain

Google ads in English to english page that redirects to language page...is it bad?

I am running Google ads (many in English) and they go my home page (in English) that immediately redirects to a language variation of the home page.

My concern is - Will google see this as fishy? Should I remove the automatic redirect to a language page? It will hurt the whole purpose of having a local language page and hurt our local language SEO, but I am guessing will improve my ad performance which is also necessary. 

Expert, pls advise.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Malvika_Jain

Google ads in English to english page that redirects to language page...is it bad?

Our website automatically redirects people to language variations, but we want to run ads in english due to the volume of ads and for ease in testing new ads, rather than translate each in 5 languages. I did figure out the solution i.e to send people to our english language variation page that does not redirect any further, different from the english home page that does redirect.

0 Upvotes
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Hi,

Yes, Google does not like re-directs.

My questionis, if the ad is in English why do you want to re-direct them to a different location page?

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Malvika_Jain 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Daniel_Bleich @NicoleSengers @ajchapman20 do you have any thoughts to share on this for @Malvika_Jain ? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !