Ads

DDiBona

Google Adwords: Getting a system error when trying to publish a campaign

I've followed all the steps for getting our campaign prepared but when I try publishing it I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 3.44.20 PM.png

Anyone know what's going on? 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
wick12112

I also got the same error and find out the solution through these comments.

Best regards  restore and renew

0 Upvotes
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @DDiBona, this may be the longest HubSpot error message I have ever seen lol.

While I haven't seen this error before, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that you're creating a lead ad through Google which is configured through the lead form ad extension. Have you configured everything as needed in Google Ads? Looking at this Google support article, here are the requirements to use the lead form ad extension:

"Requirements

To use lead form extensions, make sure that you have:

• A good history of policy compliance.
  • A Google Ads account in an eligible vertical or sub-vertical. Sensitive verticals or sub-verticals (for example, sexual content) aren't eligible for lead forms.
  • A privacy policy for your business. When you create a lead form extension in Google Ads, you need to provide a link to your privacy policy. The privacy policy appears at the end of the lead form.

In addition, if you’re adding a lead form extension to a Video, Discovery, or Display campaign, or you're creating a Search campaign where the ad's headline directly opens to a lead form, you’ll need:

• More than $50,000 USD total spend in Google Ads. For advertisers whose accounts are managed in currencies other than USD, your spend amount will be converted to USD using the average monthly conversion rate for that currency."

If you're missing any of those elements on the Google Ads side of things, I'm wondering if HubSpot doesn't know what error to throw back. 

Honestly, ad connections with HubSpot can get a little wonky sometimes. I've found that a bunch of errors tend to resolve themselves after a few hours. I would check back in to see if you're having the same issue later this weekend or early next week!

If you're still seeing issues, can you tell us a bit more about the campaign setup that you have and the directions you followed to get them there? Happy to help you continue troubleshooting from there!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
DDiBona

Ugh, yeah, that doesn't really help at all. 

I'll play around with Google Ads but I'm pretty sure everythign is set up correctly.

Anyone out there have any ideas/recommendations?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DDiBona,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Echoing @jolle, would you be able to give us some context about your campaign setup and any documentation you followed to set up your campaign? Happy to troubleshoot as well 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !