Ads

mhznetworks
Participant

Google Ads - HubSpot Paying Manager Issue

SOLVE

Apparently, Google now requires Google Ad accounts that pay their bill through invocing to now be managed by a Google Ad Manager Multi-Client account. Google calls this an "MCC" account.

The issue is that somehow, the Paying Manager in our Google Ads account has been set to a HubSpot Ads account that we have no idea how to access. (see attahced). The Paying Manger account supercedes all of our Google ADMIN accounts and therefore we are unable to edit or add account level budgets. 

I have a ticket in with Hubspot support so I hope they are able to figure this out but I thought I would post here to see if anyone has encountered this.

Regards,

Jason

g-ads-paying-manager.jpg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mhznetworks
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I wanted to share an update on this should anyone else run into this:

Going forward, Google Ads customers that pay via invoices, must now create or link to a Google Ads Manager MCC account. Budgets and billing are now handled in Manger Accounts. My assumption is that with this recent change at Google, our existing Ads account automatically synced to the HubSpot MCC account without us knowing that. 

Here's how this was fixed:

• The HubSpot team unlinked the HubSpot MCC Google Ad Manager account from our Google Ads account
  • I then created a new Google Ads Manager account (Multi-Client account)
  • With Google's help, I was able to create an new billing set up in our new Ads Manager account using our previous billing agreement
  • With Google's help, I was able to link our existing Ads account (the "child" account) to our new Ads Manager account (the "parent")

I hope that helps anyone reading this!

I am now going to jump into a big bottle of wine.

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
mhznetworks
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I wanted to share an update on this should anyone else run into this:

Going forward, Google Ads customers that pay via invoices, must now create or link to a Google Ads Manager MCC account. Budgets and billing are now handled in Manger Accounts. My assumption is that with this recent change at Google, our existing Ads account automatically synced to the HubSpot MCC account without us knowing that. 

Here's how this was fixed:

• The HubSpot team unlinked the HubSpot MCC Google Ad Manager account from our Google Ads account
  • I then created a new Google Ads Manager account (Multi-Client account)
  • With Google's help, I was able to create an new billing set up in our new Ads Manager account using our previous billing agreement
  • With Google's help, I was able to link our existing Ads account (the "child" account) to our new Ads Manager account (the "parent")

I hope that helps anyone reading this!

I am now going to jump into a big bottle of wine.

Thanks,

Jason

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @mhznetworks !

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mhznetworks 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I think HubSpot Technical Support are indeed better able to help you with this. Unfortunately, I've searched our Community without finding anything similar. Just wondering if our experts that use ads may have encountered this type of issue before @Daniel_Bleich @ajchapman20 have you seen this before? 

Thank you!

Have a good day

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !