Ads

JZee
Participant

Google Ads - How to access detailed attribution info from the contact?

SOLVE

Hi all. Apologies in advance for a very newbie question here, but I searched around and couldn't find my answer. 

So I'm running campaigns through Google Ads and, as expected, HubSpot is appending a bunch of hsa_* query string parameters, which is great. My question is: Where, if anywhere, does that data go? For example, if given a contact, I want to know the ID of the Google Ads campaign that they came in on, is there a field where that is stored, or do I have to try and manually parse it out of the "First page seen" property? HubSpot apparently knows the campaign ID at some point, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything with it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Joe

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JZee 

Thank you for your reply. 

So this information won't be stored in a property on the contact record. However, when a contact clicked on an ad, there is an ads interaction section on the timeline of the contact, and if you click on the link there, it should bring you to the page they've seen with the exact URL & parameters they had, so you should be able to get that info from there. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JZee
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine!

Thank you for the reply and sorry for taking this long to get back. What I'm actually looking for is the ability to see these fields from a specific contact, and also export them for use in our data warehouse. are the hsa_ params not stored on the contact?

Joe

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JZee 

Thank you for your reply. 

So this information won't be stored in a property on the contact record. However, when a contact clicked on an ad, there is an ads interaction section on the timeline of the contact, and if you click on the link there, it should bring you to the page they've seen with the exact URL & parameters they had, so you should be able to get that info from there. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JZee 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Would that article help? 

Create a list based on ad interactions

The ads interaction are also reflected on the contact timelines, in the Filter section of the timeline activity, the Ads box need to be checked. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.