Ads

Blink_Jared
Contributor | Elite Partner

Google Ads - Discrepancy between Sources Tool and Ad Tool in Reporting Leads

This is related to Google Ads and HubSpot. Anyone know why HubSpot shows contacts attributed to paid search (Google Ads) in the sources section of analytics but does not show the same number under the ads tool and reporting? I have attached an example of what I am describing with two photos. In the sources photo, you'll see 32 leads under paid search. However, when I go to the ads platform in HubSpot, it shows zero contacts which is the other image below. I know this is not isolated to this one account as there are many more accounts that we manage that have this same issue. Am I just missing something right in front of me or are you guys having these same issues?PB1.jpgPB2.jpg

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Blink_Jared 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Are those two reports filtering the same date range? I'm wondering if that could be the issue here. 

I also want to share with you this resource:

Data in HubSpot ads doesn't match traffic analytics

If after reading this you still feel there is an issue, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and examples regarding this. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Blink_Jared

Thank you for the reply. I also asked this on the HubSpot Solutions Partner FB Group. After many comments, the answer below seemed to make the most sense. Although it is also counterintuitive on the part of HubSpot. 

The Sources Tool will only show contacts whose ORIGINAL source is from Paid Search, so any user who previously visited your site from a social post or organic search result would be attributed to that source, even if they first convert from a Google Search Ad.
The Ads Tool shows contacts who were influenced by a search ad, regardless of source. It has a few different attribution models, though, which can be misleading. (First Web Session, Influenced First Form Submission, First ForM Submission, All form Submissions, Re-engagement).
None of these will show a true number of contacts, though. To get around this, you'll need to create a list with the attached criteria. Adjust the date range to whichever you'd like.
Also, make sure Auto-Tracking is enabled in the Ads Settings for the Google Search Account.

Also, there's a setting that needs to be enabled in Ad Settings that allows Hubspot to add tracking templates to the ads in Google. If that's not on, then it won't attribute contacts accurately. And, once you have this setting activated, you need to deactivate or delete any HubSpot Tracking links that were used for Google ads. Whatever you do, dont have the ad tracking setting enabled and have the HubSpot Tracking Codes in your ads. They mess with each other if both are in use. Get rid of the tracking codes and just let HubSpot set the URL templates automatically. 

0 Upvotes