Ads

LMarketing

Form Fills From My Google Ads Campaigns Not Creating A Contact

SOLVE

I may be confused about exactly how Google Ads and Hubspot work together.

I turned on contact tracking on my Google Ads campaigns in Hubspot. I checked my tracking template in Google ads and the hubspot tags are in it. I also made sure that I did not having any tracking templates at the ad group or ad level that would ovveride it. 

In Google Ads, it says I have 4 form fills from my site, but when I go into Hubspot under those same campaigns, it says there are 0 contacts created. When someone fills out a form, it takes them to a separate landing page, so that conversion would require them to give out info such as name and email. 

I thought that if someone filled out a form on my site that got there from clicking on one of my ads, it would create a contact in hubspot, and I could track that it came from Google Ads. 

Am I missing something? Or did I misunderstand the connection between the 2. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
KTownsend
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi,

One thing to double check is whether you have enabled lead syncing in your HubSpot account. Under Marketing in the main navigation bar, click ads, then click settings in the top right hand corner. At the top, you should see a screen that looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 16.56.29.png

Click the lead syncing tab, and make sure you have connected your ad account here. Otherwise, they will not be able to show in HubSpot. 

Hope this helps!

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KTownsend
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

One thing to double check is whether you have enabled lead syncing in your HubSpot account. Under Marketing in the main navigation bar, click ads, then click settings in the top right hand corner. At the top, you should see a screen that looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 16.56.29.png

Click the lead syncing tab, and make sure you have connected your ad account here. Otherwise, they will not be able to show in HubSpot. 

Hope this helps!

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LMarketing 

Welcome to the Community!

Could you please try to filter in the Ads section in Attribution Reports: All form Submission?

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 10.36.23.png

Also, you can use the "Ads interactions" list filter to capture contacts who have interacted with your ads.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes