Ads

MariaSaruli

Facebook Lead Ad Field Extraction to Hubspot

HI,

I recently started using hubspot. I managed to integrate my facebook leads into hubspot and the import of contacts were succesfull.

Field "Apartment Type" is not being imported in forms which has field with several selections of one, two, three. The field are property exist in hubspot contact columns also which have those fields blanks and not being imported.

Please find below image in reference to my lead form field,

Capture.JPG

The campaings and ads were created in facebook.

Integration is working partially so I think the issue lies with this fields, what should I do? How can I capture this detail to my contact list?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
sttang
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Facebook Lead Ad Field Extraction to Hubspot

Hey @MariaSaruli 👋🏻,

Looking at this, the "Apartment Type" field you're using seems to be a custom lead ad form field. Typically, custom fields on Facebook lead ad forms and LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms will automatically be created in HubSpot as single-line text properties in the Lead Ad Properties property group.

However, should you wish for your custom form field values in Facebook to be synced over to an existing HubSpot property, there are a few important things to note:

1. The internal value of the HubSpot property must match the Form field

This is documented here where by it states that: 

• If an existing HubSpot property has the same internal name as a form field's key or question, new properties will not be created for the field. Instead, the field will be mapped to that existing property.

This means that if your form field question is "How many rooms would you be interested in?" on Facebook, the internal name of your property on HubSpot has got to be created with the same words. For example:

• On Facebook: "How many rooms would you be interested in?"
  • On HubSpot: "How many rooms would you be interested in?" with the internal name "how_many_rooms_would_you_be_interested_in_"

Facebook field mappingFacebook field mapping

2. The internal values of the dropdown options must match exactly as well

Similar to the form field name itself, the dropdown options on Facebook and HubSpot have to match exactly in order for the values to be synced over successfully (refer to the image above). Do note that the field mapping is case sensitive, meaning to say if your dropdown option on Facebook is "One" but your HubSpot dropdown is "one", the value will not be synced over.

In this case, what you can do now is to make sure that the property and its dropdown values on both HubSpot and Facebook match exactly. That way, moving forward, the sync will then take place successfully whereby anytime someone fills out the custom field on Facebook, it gets synced to the corresponding property on HubSpot 🙂