Ads

aiandy
Participant

Facebook Conversions API Support?

With the upcoming changes to ad tracking in browsers, Facebook is aggressively pushing folks to adopt the new Conversions API.  From my reading, this has to be done server-side, so we'd likely need Hubspot to support this and provide hooks for our page templates.

What's the recommendation for Hubspot users during this transition time?  Is there a timeline/expectation about when we might need to adjust how we do tracking with Hubspot and Facebook?

43 Replies 43
hhawk
Contributor

I may be wrong but I believe at this point that only Pageviews are being sent by the beta code. 

0 Upvotes
hhawk
Contributor

Thanks -- that is very helpful.

Today Facebook limits conversion events to 8 -- Does or should pageview be to listed as a conversion event? (Aggegated Events)

• When updating or change conversion event setup ads may turn off for 72 hours
  • As the team creates additional events in the Conversion API I think it will be important to batch them together so it's minimizing the impact of the 72 hour rule
    • Esp. events that are valued based

hhawk_0-1624027215530.png

Under Aggregated Events... 

Edit these events?

Impacted ads and ad sets will be paused and some may no longer run.

If you change event configurations, impacted ads and ad sets will be paused for 72 hours to allow changes to take effect. Some changes may cause ads and ad sets to no longer run.

0 Upvotes
jacquimalis
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all - this is now out in private beta for professional and enterprise customers only. If you meet these criteria and have not already reached out please send me your HUB ID if you are interested in being ungated at this time.

torlanco

hello @jacquimalis I am interested on this feature but cant find it anywhere in the hubspot settings, my id is 7570399

0 Upvotes
Rafa_CM
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

There's a Hubspot option now in the "Partner Integration" section of Facebook Business Manager.

0 Upvotes
auto-mate
Top Contributor

Hi, this has just been put at the top of my list by our performance agency and it would be great to know about the progress.

I'll PM for the beta. 

🙂

HGriffiths
Contributor

@PamCotton I've seen today that Facebook has a 'Coming Soon' feature to its Events Manager - plugins with CRM partners. Will Hubspot be one of the CRM partners with Facebook, and if so, is there a timeline for this?

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 10.09.08.png

jacquimalis
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, 

Thank you all for taking the time to leave your feedback on this Idea. My name is Jacqui Malis and I am a product manager at HubSpot.

I'm happy to hear so many of you are eagerly awaiting this feature. I can confirm this feature request is currently being developed, but as a rule, we don't provide estimated dates of delivery.

This ensures we deliver high-quality features that meet your expectations. More information about why we don’t provide dates can be found on the Ideas Forum Users' Guide.

If you are interested in being a part of the initial Beta please reach out and message me directly.

Best,

Jacqui

RickC
Participant

Hello Jacqui - 20424158 - can you ungate our account?

0 Upvotes
cassiosagawa
Participant

Hi! I would love to be part of the Beta initial!

0 Upvotes
AdriZ
Participant

Any update? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @AdriZ , no updates yet, 

as I mentioned previously I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

SelinaP
Participant

Hi @PamCotton,

we also urgently need this feature for coping with the upcoming iOS release and therefore loss of data. I also upvoted as recommended.

Thanks and best regards

Selina

hhawk
Contributor

Thanks @jkeough78 

I think it's also important that there be some thought leadership from Hubspot around the "8 events" that you are allowed to track and use for conversion optimization. 

Hubspot has this is already "up and running" for Google, and in beta on hubspot for Facebook form fills -- we need it for general Facebook ads.

As i've noted my own recommendation is to have at least one event that can trigger based on HubSpot scoring aka lead scoring.. so that as a paid lead is nurtured and worked we can pass value based signal to Facebook. 

0 Upvotes
jkeough78
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

This feature is critical asap. If someone clicks on a Facebook Ad using an iPhone, Facebook Ads will not know if that person converted into a lead/sale. This will start happening any day now (the rollout from Apple is set to start in "early spring 2021").

If Facebook Ads doesn't know about all the conversions from iPhones, then it will be nearly impossible to optimize or run a successful Facebook Ads campaign.

WordPress, Magento, Shopify, and more have already setup integrations with Facebook:

https://webimax.tinytake.com/tt/NTIzMjQwMl8xNjM2MjI4OA

This needs to be a top priority for HubSpot. I'm sure it is.

Jim

Lucila-Andimol
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

Hope we get this soon! 

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

hhawk
Contributor

I implemented this last year Jan 2020 and we were able to "restore" 24% of pageviews (not users).  That was at an other company. This is really a top priority at this point (IOS 14 changes).

1. The 1st priority is to fire normal pixel events  that are potentially blocked
  2. The 2nd priority is to integrate FBCLID facebook clickid into the contacts data
  3. the 3rd priority is to allow offline events to be passed back to FB using the FBCLID
    • Current restrictions are 8 events per domain (www.domain.com, domain.com, and app.domain.com) would be treated as a single domain.
    • Current restrictions limit attribution from 7 days of a click event on FB/IG.
  4. the 4th priority is to support custom events on the HS side, currently Event reporting is tied back to lifecyle stages which might work. E.g.,  a contact may still be in a lead or MQL "stage" and complete an action that warrents an event that should be pushed back to FB for optimization.
    • That is, marketers need to pick the most meaningful events that occur within 7 days of a click from an ad, or social post.
    • Specifically from the ad, those meaningful events might not warrant a stage change. For example:
      • A lead confirming their email
      • A lead scheduling an appointment
      • A lead spending x minutes on a phone call
      • A lead complete some conbination of other tasks: confirming email + something else, etc.
        hhawk_0-1614027373268.png

hhawk
Contributor

One way to create an MVP implementation that isn't tied to Stages is to create 1 single custom event, and tie it to lead score.

• As a user is being nurtured, if the score increases by x% or by Y points, or reaches a total score of Z 
    • The customer event could be fired.
    • The numeric value of leadscore is sent as the value
      • LeadScore or Leadscore multiplied by another contact value or a value specified in a workflow
  • This would allow a wide range of nurturing activities to influnce conversion goals.

Quick User Story:
Marketing Manager Michelle runs ads on Facebook, and many folks click on the ad and fill out a form on a landing page. To increase the quality of the leads Michelle is using a custom conversion event not the form fill event.

Meaningful Action
Michelle must pick action that happens most often within 7 days of a user clicking on a paid ad. As a performance marketer Michelle is always testing which "meaningful user actions" provide the best indication of lead quality, and potential LTV. Some time's it's an online action, but other times it tied to interactions with sales staff like the length of phone call, or a reply to an email.

Meaningful actions are used to signal FB/IG about an ad's "success." For example: Michelle uses a meaningful action like actually downloading a eBook, or a visitor clicking on a live HTML link inside of an eBook and visiting a landing page on Michelle's site.

Michelle has or will test other meaningful actions such as a visitor returning several times within a few days, or visiting a particular page, or when a visitor adds a meaning incremental form fill. 

For example
Michelle could also use an increase in lead scoring, or a specfic lead score threshold to trigger the conversion.

1. After visitor Mary saw Michell's ad and MQL'd on Michelle's landing page
    1. Mary downloaded an eBook
    2. To get the eBook Mary has to enter an incremental form data
    3. After downloading the eBook Mary returned to the site 
  2. All of those actions increased Mary's Lead Score indicating Mary is a quality lead
  • Based on Mary's leadscore Michelle has configured HubSpot to send a custom converstion event to FB/IG.
  • The Converstion API requires the FBCLID from the click event that Michelle wish to attribution the conversion event
  • Michelle has to also send a value to FB
    • Since Mary hasn't purchased yet, and Michelle is unsure about estimating LTV Michelle send Mary's "lead score" as the value.
  • The API call with the FBCLID has to occur within 7 days
  • Facebook uses the FBCLID to attribute a conversion event for Michelle's ad 
  • Facebook uses conversion events to help find future leads for Michelle. 
  • By using customer conversion events Michelle ends up with better and better leads from FB/IG.
FTeufel
Participant

Hi @PamCotton , we would love to upvote this feature. We are seeing a massive discrepancy between Facebook conversion & actual Hubspot Leads. We ought to believe, that the underperformance of Conversion in Facebook will reduce the campaign effectivness, due to lacking of Conversion data.

Kind regards

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @FTeufel , 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Pam

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @aiandy, I checked with our team and at the moment we are aware of this, and is coming in the near future. I just cannot provide you with a timeline at the moment but it's coming! 

I hope this information helps.

Pam