Ads

P_dub

Export Report | Drilldown Linkedin ad performance (not campaign performance)

The exports for linkedin ads only goes as dip as the campaign level. I'd love to see Hubspot go to the ad level so I can see which ad/creative is providing the best results. Maybe it does this but I've spent hours trying to figure this out. Any insight from the community would be greatly appreciated

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
NFurness
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hey P_dub. When we are creating Linkedin ads we set them up in Hubspot as separate campaigns. As a result we can compare the results campaign to campaign. To make things easier we add one ad per campaign. Not ideal, but achieves the same goals for optimisation.

For comparing creative, I suggest setting up the separate campaigns via Hubspot. Keep the audiences the same, just change the creative.

Not all of the paid ad campaign types on Linkedin are currently supported by LinkedIn - ie promotional DMs. You should be able to see banner and post ads on an ad level basis.

Let me know if you want to discuss this further. Always up for knowledge exchange.

Natalie Furness

Natalie_furn on Twitter
Natalie@niammarketing.com
P_dub

Natalie, Thanks for the insight. I wish I could do single campaigns. That's a bit much when you are launching 80 plus ads. Great idea for smaller budgets and smaller campaigns for sure. Just wished Hubspot would export like Linkedin does where you can break the report down per ad vs. per campaign. 

0 Upvotes
NFurness

Do you think it would it be a lot of effort to duplicate a campaign on Hubspot and switch just the creative? I have found the UX a lot easier on Hubspot for building Linkedin campaigns than Linkedin itself. It's not perfect but it is a way to see all of your ad performance in one view in Hubspot 😊.

But yes, if you want to work on both hierarchies there isn't an answer I know of right now. I agree, it would be beneficial.
P_dub

Yeah. Only thing is I'm running an agency and we don't usually have access to the Hubspot account so I can't access it. When I do I still like using our bulk tool to upload ads and campaigns. I need to get more familiar with hubspot though.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @P_dub,

Using a UTM code you should be able to track performance back to the ad level. If you were to use UTM Content and associate that with a specific ad, it will allow you to track on an ad-by-ad basis.

HubSpot has a UTM builder, however, UTM tracking is universal for the most part so you won't have to rely on HubSpot to make that happen. For example, you could use this builder in the same fashion.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

P_dub

For linkedin lead forms?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @P_dub when you connect the LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot you will be able to manage and analyze your LinkedIn ads in HubSpot's. Once connected, HubSpot will display and report on all existing campaigns in that account.

I will also add some top experts to share their thoughts @Kevin_ThinkFuel@chriscardone and @Josh  could you please share your knowledge with @P_dub?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes