Ads

BriC
Miembro

Enabling integration with LinkedIn ads - does the synch feature overwrite existing data

resolver

I would like to synch my instance of Hubspot with LinkedIn ads using the new integration.

One quick question - it says that if you enable syncing of contact data to Hubspot. That all previous contacts from LinkedIn will also synch. To date - we have manually added these contacts to Hubspot so they exist alread in Hubspot.

If we enable synch. Will the contact data (and more importantly their activity history since we added them) be overwritten? 

Thanks

PS you might need to add a label for LinkedIn ads in the label dropdown for enquiries like this. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Mike_Eastwood
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold

Enabling integration with LinkedIn ads - does the synch feature overwrite existing data

resolver

Hi @BriC 

I haven't tested the exact feature you describe.

In my experience properties are updated by new values and the activity stream is added to. 

It's worth noting that all properties in HubSpot have a Property History that lets you see the changes over time. I find this particularly useful when testing intergrations (like the LinkedIn ads).

Because I haven't tested this exact scenario I recommend testing an ad on a dummy Contact just to be certain. A small time investment and tiny cost you can put your mind at ease.

Have fun

Mike

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
Mike_Eastwood
Solución

resolver

Hi @BriC 

I haven't tested the exact feature you describe.

In my experience properties are updated by new values and the activity stream is added to. 

It's worth noting that all properties in HubSpot have a Property History that lets you see the changes over time. I find this particularly useful when testing intergrations (like the LinkedIn ads).

Because I haven't tested this exact scenario I recommend testing an ad on a dummy Contact just to be certain. A small time investment and tiny cost you can put your mind at ease.

Have fun

Mike

0 Me gusta
BrianCy
Participante

resolver

Great thanks Mike. Really appreciate the feedback and sounds like a sound strategy for testing. 

Cheers

Brian

0 Me gusta
Mike_Eastwood

resolver

Excellent,

Please let us know how you get on (so future visitors to the forum can know what happens).

Have fun

Mike