Ads

StevensM
Miembro

Difference in Clicks on Platform vs. UTM metrics

resolver

Hello - 

I currently have ads running on google, facebook and linkedin, each that I set up with unique UTM codes to ensure we're tracking the traffic from each site into our hubspot campaign. However, the metrics are not aligning, we're seeing few views on our UTM links than the ad plaforms are reporting. 

• Linkedin is showing 3 clicks, the UTM code is showing 2
  • Facebook is showing 27 clicks, the UTM code is showing 2
  • GoogleAds are showing 15 clicks and 1 conversion, the UTM code is showing 7 views and no new contacts. 

Much appreciate any help!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Thanks @JessicaH 

Hi @StevensM 

It's not clear how you've set up the UTM parameters and how it is being tracked in your campaign. I hope you're using the standard utm_source, utm_medium, & utm_campaign. Here's a HubSpot knowledge base article that will help you standardize your utm_ parameters. 

Anyways coming to your point, yes it's possible that clicks and views (traffic) do not match. A user can click multiple times on your ads but it could be still counted as a single view on the website. Or a user clicks the ads but leaves the site ASAP, in this case, the click is counted on the ad platform however it will not appear as session/view in your website traffic. Here's an article from Google that might help understand the difference between clicks & views. 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Thanks @JessicaH 

Hi @StevensM 

It's not clear how you've set up the UTM parameters and how it is being tracked in your campaign. I hope you're using the standard utm_source, utm_medium, & utm_campaign. Here's a HubSpot knowledge base article that will help you standardize your utm_ parameters. 

Anyways coming to your point, yes it's possible that clicks and views (traffic) do not match. A user can click multiple times on your ads but it could be still counted as a single view on the website. Or a user clicks the ads but leaves the site ASAP, in this case, the click is counted on the ad platform however it will not appear as session/view in your website traffic. Here's an article from Google that might help understand the difference between clicks & views. 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
0 Me gusta
JessicaH
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @StevensM,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have some suggestions.

Hi @MatthewShepherd  @Veronique @Aakar, would you be able to share your thoughts with @StevensM?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta