Ads

MrJustinGivens
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Gold

ClickCease and HubSpot Ads Tracking Template

Résolue

Hey Community! 

Got a question about the tracking template.

This is HubSpot Tracking Template

{lpurl}?utm_term={keyword}&utm_campaign={_utmcampaign}&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=<<hsa_accountid>>&hsa_cam={campaignid}&hsa_grp={adgroupid}&hsa_ad={creative}&hsa_src={network}&hsa_tgt={targetid}&hsa_kw={keyword}&hsa_mt={matchtype}&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3

We use ClickCease to help with ad fraud. It works great but they also need a tracking template:

https://monitor.clickcease.com/tracker/?id=<<unique_id>>&adpos={adposition}&locphisical={loc_physical_ms}&locinterest={loc_interest_ms}&adgrp={adgroupid}&kw={keyword}&nw={network}&url={lpurl}&cpn={campaignid}&device={device}&ccpturl=<<domain>>&pl={placement}

Based on their documentation, we can merge the two templates which look like this:

https://monitor.clickcease.com/tracker/?id=<<unique_id>>&adpos={adposition}&locphisical={loc_physical_ms}&locinterest={loc_interest_ms}&adgrp={adgroupid}&kw={keyword}&nw={network}&url={lpurl}&cpn={campaignid}&device={device}&ccpturl=<<domain>>&pl={placement}&utm_term={keyword}&utm_campaign={_utmcampaign}&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=<<hsa_accountid>>&hsa_cam={campaignid}&hsa_grp={adgroupid}&hsa_ad={creative}&hsa_src={network}&hsa_tgt={targetid}&hsa_kw={keyword}&hsa_mt={matchtype}&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3

After ClickCease processes the click, it would end with:

{lpurl}?utm_term={keyword}&utm_campaign={_utmcampaign}&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=<<hsa_accountid>>&hsa_cam={campaignid}&hsa_grp={adgroupid}&hsa_ad={creative}&hsa_src={network}&hsa_tgt={targetid}&hsa_kw={keyword}&hsa_mt={matchtype}&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3

Which matches HubSpot's tracking template.

So now I'm getting tracking errors within HubSpot Ads and also now contacts don't show which campaign/ad group they converted from. I have the details on Google Ads.

Attached are two different screenshots showing the before and after of tracking template customization.

Has anyone been able to solve this?

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @KAnalytics,

oh I can't access the help article that I referenced in my previous reply either – thanks for flagging! 

I was able to retrieve the text with the help of the friendly internet archivers from the WayBackMachine: 🙂 

"This article will explain how to set up your Google Ads Account while working with HubSpot

In case you are using HubSpot and it is connected to your Google Ads account, you will not be able to use the tracking template field in order to connect to ClickCease.

ClickCease can still get the data from your Google Ads account by using the Final URL suffix field.

All that is needed is to insert kw={keyword}&cpn={campaignid} to the final URL suffix field on your account level, in case you are already using the FInal URL suffix field, just append &kw={keyword}&cpn={campaignid} to the value you currently have.

NOTE: in order for this to work, please make sure that the ClickCease tracking code is installed on all your landing pages."

I hope this will help! 🙂 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

MrJustinGivens
Solution

Résolue

Hey @KAnalytics just follow what @MiaSrebrnjak said. Take the HubSpot full tracking code and append the clickcease.

Then within the All Pages header add the ClickCease tracking code on the site.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

13 Réponses
rodrigo_molina
Participant

Résolue

Hi @MrJustinGivens I know that the issue seems to be solved but would you or anyone with this issue be able to share how the tracking template and final suffix looked with the solved version.

Cause I just did what the CC article says and I still get the same errors so I might be misinterpreting what they recommend. 

Thanks,

Rodrigo

0 Votes
MrJustinGivens

Résolue

Hey @rodrigo_molina! Happy to help!

We wrote a knowledge base article for this. Click here to see the step-by-step guide.

rodrigo_molina
Participant

Résolue

This is great. Thanks so much!

MiaSrebrnjak

Résolue

Hi @MrJustinGivens,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I found this help article by ClickCease on how to work with HubSpot & Google Ads. They mention that everything that is needed is to adjust the final URL suffix field. Does this solution not work for you? 

Thanks, 

Mia, Community team

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MGoRizen
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hi!

The article takes me to a dead link.

0 Votes
MrJustinGivens

Résolue

@MGoRizen You just need to merge the two tracking codes. Start with HubSpot account template and then add in any different tracking from ClickCease.

If you have issues, let me know. 

Justin Givens LinkedIn Profile Meet with me Image in a Box Huntsville, AL HubSpot User Group

MrJustinGivens

Résolue

@MiaSrebrnjak awesome! I failed to find that article there! I'll test it out to ensure it works with HubSpot and doesn't say there's a tracking issue.

Once that's good, I'll mark it as the solution!

I appreciate the quick response!

MiaSrebrnjak

Résolue

Of course, I hope this will work 🙂 

MrJustinGivens

Résolue

Works GREAT!

KAnalytics
Membre

Résolue

Hi! Can you explain what you did to solve this? The linked article to clickcease no longer exists and I'm having the exact same issue :') 

0 Votes
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution

Résolue

Hi @KAnalytics,

oh I can't access the help article that I referenced in my previous reply either – thanks for flagging! 

I was able to retrieve the text with the help of the friendly internet archivers from the WayBackMachine: 🙂 

"This article will explain how to set up your Google Ads Account while working with HubSpot

In case you are using HubSpot and it is connected to your Google Ads account, you will not be able to use the tracking template field in order to connect to ClickCease.

ClickCease can still get the data from your Google Ads account by using the Final URL suffix field.

All that is needed is to insert kw={keyword}&cpn={campaignid} to the final URL suffix field on your account level, in case you are already using the FInal URL suffix field, just append &kw={keyword}&cpn={campaignid} to the value you currently have.

NOTE: in order for this to work, please make sure that the ClickCease tracking code is installed on all your landing pages."

I hope this will help! 🙂 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

MrJustinGivens
Solution

Résolue

Hey @KAnalytics just follow what @MiaSrebrnjak said. Take the HubSpot full tracking code and append the clickcease.

Then within the All Pages header add the ClickCease tracking code on the site.

MiaSrebrnjak

Résolue

Awesome, glad to hear that 🙂 

0 Votes