Ads

BArmengolli
Participant

Automating Lead Source in with Workflows

SOLVE

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to automate the process of adding the correct lead source to our incoming leads. Right now, I'm using a Workflow that "If the Google Ads campaign name is known, change Lead Source to Google Ads'. That works, for now.

The issue that I'm having is that after that rule runs, I get my leads segmented by lead source in the Workflow and if I want to send them a chain of emails, I'll have to do build that chain for each segmented lead source group. See attached screenshot. Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 8.54.28 AM.png

1) Is there a way I can connect those 3 branches back to one line? 

2) Will it be better to use UTM parameters instead? If someone has info on how to do this, it will be great. 

Please, let me know your thoughts! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BArmengolli,

You could create the chain of emails in another workflow and use the "Enroll in another workflow" option:

karstenkoehler_0-1626793190987.png

You could also use the "Go to other action" action if you want to stay within the same workflow.

One thing that you might want to add to your enrollment triggers: Lead Source is unknown. There is a chance that these contacts exist in your CRM already. Not only would you overwrite an existing lead source, you might also send them into an email sequence that is not suitable for them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BArmengolli,

You could create the chain of emails in another workflow and use the "Enroll in another workflow" option:

karstenkoehler_0-1626793190987.png

You could also use the "Go to other action" action if you want to stay within the same workflow.

One thing that you might want to add to your enrollment triggers: Lead Source is unknown. There is a chance that these contacts exist in your CRM already. Not only would you overwrite an existing lead source, you might also send them into an email sequence that is not suitable for them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BArmengolli
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten, 

Thanks for the feddback. I didn't know how to use the "Go to other action" and I just found a way to make it work. I will evaluate the enrollment trigger as well, thanks for the heads up.