Ads

AlexiaC

Auto-Creating Companies from LinkedIn Forms Using Personal Emails

SOLVE

Hello,

My Goal: Create a seamless auto-assigning of linkedin leads (that covert through linkedin forms) to members of my salesteam.

My Problem: Linkedin Lead Gen Forms usually pull personal emails (even when you ask for work ones). I also put in a field for "company name" but hubspot does not seem to be recognizing this field. I reached out to support and they told me the only "fix" would be to have people use work emails, but with lead gen forms on LinkedIn, thats not possible.

I already have a workflow set up but it is triggered when a lead comes in into a certain terriroty but since Hubspot is not recognizing companies, it is leaving company as "unassigned" not triggering my workflow.

I can't be the only one dealing with this LinkedIn lead gen issue with Hubspot. Any pointers?

1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AlexiaC ,

Unfortunately, you need the company domain (either email or website) to auto-create the company and connect it to the contact. This functionality helps you to automate it (but you're probably aware):

Community - Company data.png

Asking for company domain or company email should fix the issue, but you're saying the field is not working. How did you create the form? Creating it from HubSpot (via Marketing --> Ads) could help getting the data sync right. 

As an example I have created a new LinkedIn Lead Gen form out of our (Dutch) HubSpot account. And this is the view when choosing the fields:

Community - Bedrijfsnaam veld.png

'Naam onderneming' means Company name. It should be synching correctly with HubSpot. Then of course, you would have to add the domain to the company by hand, because the domain is still unknown.

Another option could be to include the 'Website URL' field in the form instead of company name, so HubSpot can get the information about the URL. But I would say this raises the bar to fill in the form. 

Are there any criteria you want to assign leads to your salesteam? I assume it's not the company name itself? Because a third option could be, for your salesteam to do some research by hand and fill the gaps (like company name or domain) by doing a Google search on the lead. This is easily done by the 'Search in Google' function you find on every contact record:

Community - Search in Google.png

This would require some manual work for your salesteam, but at the same time helps them to get to know their leads :). In all other cases you don't have the business email or website domain, you will have to do some manual work as well.

Hope one of the options I mentioned will help you out!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AlexiaC ,

Unfortunately, you need the company domain (either email or website) to auto-create the company and connect it to the contact. This functionality helps you to automate it (but you're probably aware):

Community - Company data.png

Asking for company domain or company email should fix the issue, but you're saying the field is not working. How did you create the form? Creating it from HubSpot (via Marketing --> Ads) could help getting the data sync right. 

As an example I have created a new LinkedIn Lead Gen form out of our (Dutch) HubSpot account. And this is the view when choosing the fields:

Community - Bedrijfsnaam veld.png

'Naam onderneming' means Company name. It should be synching correctly with HubSpot. Then of course, you would have to add the domain to the company by hand, because the domain is still unknown.

Another option could be to include the 'Website URL' field in the form instead of company name, so HubSpot can get the information about the URL. But I would say this raises the bar to fill in the form. 

Are there any criteria you want to assign leads to your salesteam? I assume it's not the company name itself? Because a third option could be, for your salesteam to do some research by hand and fill the gaps (like company name or domain) by doing a Google search on the lead. This is easily done by the 'Search in Google' function you find on every contact record:

Community - Search in Google.png

This would require some manual work for your salesteam, but at the same time helps them to get to know their leads :). In all other cases you don't have the business email or website domain, you will have to do some manual work as well.

Hope one of the options I mentioned will help you out!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AlexiaC,

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions! @Nynke_HM@Krystina@Mike_Eastwood do you have any suggestions for @AlexiaC?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes