Ads

hhawk
Contributor

Are you testing FB Conversion API (CAPI) - Hubspot Beta?

Are you seeing the same errors we are?

We are testing Facebook's Conversion API (CAPI) using the beta implemenation that HubSpot has created. A bug delayed our start as it took a few weeks to resolve a bug that blocked implementation.

Data is now flowing to FB via the CAPI but we are observing diagnostic errors - the data that FB uses to de-deduplicate the events is missing. I'm wondering if anyone else who is in the beta has observed similar errors?

If you are testing CAPI -- can you look in the Events Manager and let me know if you are observing similar errors or warning (see images below)?

CAPI error.png

dedup keys missing.png

Details:

1.  FB is not receiving the data needed to deduplicate the pixel and CAPI data. These keys include FBC/FBCLID, FBP, and ExternID.
    1. FBP is an ID saved by "the pixel [it] automatically saves a unique identifier to an _fbp cookie"
    2. If the website has a Facebook pixel that uses first-party cookies, the pixel automatically saves the fbclid query parameter to an _fbc cookie for that website domain.
    3. If no first party cookie or no Pixel installed, then "it is still possible to send the fbc event parameter if an fbclid query parameter is in the URL of the current page request."
    4. ExternID is an external ID with no PII, in the case of HS the ContactID could be used as the ExternID

13 Replies 13
HGriffiths
Contributor

Thanks for your input @hhawk 

Because the CAPI Beta mandated that we run the pixel through Hubspot, I'm reluctant to move back to having the pixel hardcoded as we'll probably lose the CAPI integration. This definitely feels like a bug in the Beta than an implementation issue.

0 Upvotes
hhawk
Contributor

As a follow up to my own message | we did have an error on our own end.. we had hardcoded the pixel within HS CMS which broke the de-dup process since we didn't include the ExternID. 

We have removed the hard coding and are in the process of reconnecting the pixel.

0 Upvotes
hhawk
Contributor

HGriffiths
- I'm hoping that at some point HS will support FBP/FBC or FBCLID as alternative de-dup parameters.
- Does you implemenation/CMS allow adding any of those?

0 Upvotes
HGriffiths
Contributor

Hi,

I'm currently getting this error:Screenshot 2021-08-18 at 16.33.03.png

The suggestion is that the event_id parameter needs adding to the pixel code. As the pixel has to be added via Hubspot, rather than hardcoded to the site (note: we are not using Hubspot CMS Hub, we have a different CMS), it is not possible to add extra code to the pixel code. 

@MiaSrebrnjak can you speak to your tech team and see if anything is causing this deduplication error that can be fixed on your end? Or discuss opening up the potential to add custom code if Facebook requires? (Although for the ease of users, I imagine the former is a better route).

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
hhawk
Contributor

@Sivacom you may see a banner use the top navigation and go into Marketing > Ads.

The actual configuation setttings are  Gear > Left Nav (Marketing > Ads > Pixel). 
HS capi primary.png

Then assuming you have the FB pixel installed hover over it...  you should see an edit or configuration button..

hs edit pixel.png

Sivacom
Participant

Thanks @hhawk greatly appreciate the info, I will jump in and take a look!! 😀

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sivacom, I apologize for the delay here. I've reinitiated the request for your portal, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via a direct message if you'll have trouble accessing the beta.

Thank you for your help @hhawk

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Sivacom
Participant

Thanks @MiaSrebrnjak greatly appreciated 🙂 Cheers, Lauren 

Sivacom
Participant

Hi @MiaC , just wanting to know if/when my BETA access/invitation/request is going to come through for the FB Conversion API? I was told by LIanne on the 06/08/21 that it would arrive in a day or two, is now 8 days in and still nothing? Alternatively, I am just looking in the wrong place? (more likely 😉 Would love to get this up and running for myself and my clients, asap pretty please. Cheers, Lauren 

0 Upvotes
SelinaP
Participant

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak  Thanks for tagging. I am still waiting to be ungated ... any chances to get access to the beta soon? I already wrote @jacquimalis twice. Hope to get access soon!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SelinaP,

I apologize for the delay. I've just sent you a direct message via the Community. Could you please send me your HubID?

Thank you!  

Cheers

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hhawk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag other users who expressed interest in the FCAPI beta release to make sure this is on their radar: 

Hi @RChowdhury@ferojas87@Rafa_CM@auto-mate@HGriffiths@cassiosagawa@AdriZ@SelinaP@jkeough78@Lucila-Andimol@FTeufel@VanSaints@aiandy have you maybe noticed similar diagnostic errors? 

Thank you! 

Mia, Community Team 

hhawk
Contributor

Thank you!! 

0 Upvotes