Ads

debbiel

Ads Wont Publish

Hi, every time I create a new ad  and try to publish I get an error message along the lines of 

Issue creating lead ad

Sorry, something’s gone wrong. Please refresh the page or try again later.

Details

Could not get thumbnail for video

I can see the video on the preview, and before when I changed the form on the advert it allowed me to publish for some reason, but I have two draft ads that I can't get published waiting to go.

Any advice?

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ads Wont Publish

Hi @debbiel 

Could you please try from an incognito window to see if this error is related to a browser-specific? 

If you are trying to publish the ad on Facebook then I'd recommend checking this article where explains the FB video requirements: 

• Length: Up to 15 seconds
  • Aspect Ratio: Vertical (4:5)
  • Text: 125 characters
  • Headline: 25 characters
  • Video: H.264 video compression, high profile preferred, square pixels, fixed frame rate, progressive scan
  • Format: MP4 or MOV

I hope this helps

Best

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Bugsnbytesllc

Ads Wont Publish

Would there be any other suggestions or an actual remedy to this issue?  I have been experiencing this problem since last evening to no avail. I have reached out to the help chat several times today because there are not any other remedies for this problem. Please assist. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ads Wont Publish

Hey @EnvoyDrew  @Bugsnbytesllc 

Could you please provide a full screenshot of the error you are getting?

Thanks

Sharon

Bugsnbytesllc

Ads Wont Publish

Hi Sharon!

Any updates and advice with this error?  The content and headline have since been revised to shorten the lengths of each via rewording. The same issue exists.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ads Wont Publish

Hi @Bugsnbytesllc 

Could you please share a screenshot of what appears when you click on Details? 

Thanks

Sharon

Bugsnbytesllc

Ads Wont Publish

Hi Sharon.

The screenshot supplied has the details posted in the bottom displaying the actual wording provided for the error.  

There is nothing more to add except to repost the same image with the dropdown caret icon displaying the wording. 

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ads Wont Publish

Hi @Bugsnbytesllc @BCI_BC 

Thank you for the information. I was investigating and usually, this error could be related to two things: 

1.the video is not meeting some of the requirements. I'd suggest reviewing these requirements from LinkedIn. 

2. it happens when the video doesn’t have a thumbnail in the file manager

Could you please make sure you are following these requirements? 

Thanks

Sharon

0 Upvotes
Bugsnbytesllc

Ads Wont Publish

Hi Sharon.

I would like to ask if the suggestion made for the LinkedIN video ads the same suggestion  to use for the Facebook ads?  

I am still experiencing the same issues with the publishing of my video for Facebook.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ads Wont Publish

Hello @Bugsnbytesllc,

Since we send the information to Facebook and can't pick the thumbnail in their editor, we need to select the Thumbnail within HubSpot when adding it to the lead ad. If the video doesn't have a default thumbnail, Facebook will return the error.

We need to be able to edit the thumbnail of the video in order to create the lead ad within HubSpot. Where is your video hosted currently? If the video was uploaded to HubSpot or hosted in Vimeo, Vidyard, or another video app, we would be able to edit it and Facebook wouldn't return the error.

If you create the lead ad directly on Facebook, you can select the thumbnail in their platform. Are you able to create directly from Facebook?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
BCI_BC
Participant

Ads Wont Publish

Same issue. 

Here's my screenshot.  I have even added an aditional frame to serve as a thumbnail, but no dice. Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 4.13.27 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Bugsnbytesllc

Ads Wont Publish

Issue that exists: Could not get thumbnail for videoIssue that exists: Could not get thumbnail for video

0 Upvotes
EnvoyDrew
Participant

Ads Wont Publish

Hi there,

I'm getting the same "Could not get thumbnail for video" error when trying to publish a LinkedIn Ad. I built the video using Canva IN Hubspot, so I'd think the video would be formatted correctly. 

0 Upvotes