AdWords Conversions Atributed to Direct TrafficSOLVE
We are experiencing some problems with the attribution of our contacts to sources. We are suspecting that a significant amount of our organic and paid sessions are not being recorded - while leads coming out of these sessions are being wrongfully attributed to direct traffic.
We are mainly noticing this from our AdWords traffic. We have the Hubspot ads addon installed which adds auto tracking to our campaigns in AdWords (we have checked the tracking template in AdWords and these are correct) .
This works really great from Hubspot to AdWords where we can always find back the conversion in AdWords whenever a new contact from paid is created in Hubspot.
However the other way around we see that not all our AdWords conversions (which only track the sign ups) are attributed to new contacts. However whenever that happens - we do see that a new sign up is created from Direct Traffic.
If we compare the hour of conversion and ip location we see that 9/10 times these contacts from direct lign up perfectly with the conversions in AdWords.
Anyone else having similar experiences? From our end we are currently seeing 3 possible reasons for this problem:
- The auto-tagging for AdWord of Hubspot does not always load leading into a lost sessions - once the contact is made Hubspot than attributes it to direct since it can't attribute it to another source
- People are coming in through a browser which does not store cookies (incognito navigation eg) resulting in the same problem as 1
- For some reason there are 2 sessions being recorded. The 2nd only starting on the page with our sign up form due to a tracking problem with the landing pages
Hope anyone can help us further - we have had contact with support but so far have only given the standard documentation as help (which we have already read and did not fully answer our questions)
Solved! Go to Solution.