Ads

jamesthrasher
Participant

Ad Lifecycle Event Counts

I have two lifecycle events setup - one for Opportunities and one for Customers.

If a contact triggered both events, would the opportunity event count be subtracted by one, with the customer event count increased by one?

Or would both events have a value of one for the same contact?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Hi @jamesthrasher 

Can you give a bit more detail on what you mean when you say you have 2 "lifecycle events" setup. Sorry but I'm not quite clear on that. Do you mean you have Workflows / Automations set up based on when records become an opportunity or customer?

Not sure if relevant but could be helpful to know that when you create a deal - this will automatically update the lifecycle of associated company and contact to "Opportunity". If you mark a deal as Closed Won this will update the lifecycle to "Customer"

Also whenever you change a lifecycle Hubspot will capture a timestamp. So on a contact level you have the fields "Became an Opportunity Date" and "Became a Customer Date".

I look forward to hearing from you to see if I can assist any further. 

Cheers

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

jamesthrasher
Participant

Hi @Jonno_Price 

I'm talking about Ad Events: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/create-and-sync-crm-lifecycle-events-with-your-google-ads-or-faceb...

If I have an event setup for Opportunities and Customers, what happens when a customer goes through both stages? Does each have a value of 1? Or would Opportunities be set to 0, and Customers set to 1?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jamesthrasher 

That's a great question, I will tag some of our top experts to help you, @Jonno_Price , @jimbanks , @Daniel_Bleich , we would love to know your thoughts about Ad Lifecycle Event Counts.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !