Account & Settings

AlishaV
Contributor

reusable mapping template for import

SOLVE

Hi friends, 

We will need to be doing a daily import from a CVS for a new process  going forward. Does anyone know of a way that a prior mapping for import can be saved so that we don't have to remap every time? 

Thank you!

Alisha

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Reusable mapping template for import?

Short A: No. No need.

Longer A:

We do lots of large (>50K) imports for clients across multiple portals and here's a couple things we've learned to make life MUCH EASIER.

-1- Use the correct HubSpot property names in your .csv.

This totally eliminates the need for what you refer to as a 'mapping template'.

-2- Unless you're just importing a handful of records, always, always, always test your .csv with a single record or two before performing the full import.

Can't even begin to tell how much time this will save you from having to read those horrible error files. haha

-3- Consider setting up a 'Staging CRM'.

Staging your imports in an intemediary CRM does make the process a bit more comlex, but complexity is a relative term. Large &/or repeated imports are perfect opportunities to totally ruin the integrity of CRM data.

We can either practice prevention, or run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to put out fires. Guess you have to ask yourself if you'd rather be a smoke-detector (and priactice fire prevention) or a fireman.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
agirard
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

For anyone viewing this thread on the community, I wanted to ensure you saw that we have just launched the ability to repeat a past import. When repeating an import, you will not only be able to skip specific steps within the import flow, but we'll also save the selections you've made on the mapping step so you can move more quickly through the import flow.

KB Article on how this feature works here.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
agirard
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

For anyone viewing this thread on the community, I wanted to ensure you saw that we have just launched the ability to repeat a past import. When repeating an import, you will not only be able to skip specific steps within the import flow, but we'll also save the selections you've made on the mapping step so you can move more quickly through the import flow.

KB Article on how this feature works here.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @agirard,

Thank you for sharing this exciting update 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
TPühringer
Contributor

SOLVE

Reuseable Template definitions for imports are a must have. I am horrible missing them in hubspot.

The reason is, that properties have the same names in contacts and company records. So defining a header row in excel is not sufficient to get a unique match.

We have to import files from our external sales agents on daily basis and i have always to make the correction of the object in hubspot (from contacts to company).

Please provide such a functionality to make life easier for users with a lot of imports.

THX

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TPühringer hope you are doing well!

I will highly encourage you to create the idea in our idea's forum.

The product team is in charge of checking these ideas, they will review the possibility to added it and implemented in the future. The more people upvote and need the idea, more chances 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MGee7

SOLVE

Yeah am also want to resuable maooing template its help me alot .

You write just according to my need .thank you 

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Reusable mapping template for import?

Short A: No. No need.

Longer A:

We do lots of large (>50K) imports for clients across multiple portals and here's a couple things we've learned to make life MUCH EASIER.

-1- Use the correct HubSpot property names in your .csv.

This totally eliminates the need for what you refer to as a 'mapping template'.

-2- Unless you're just importing a handful of records, always, always, always test your .csv with a single record or two before performing the full import.

Can't even begin to tell how much time this will save you from having to read those horrible error files. haha

-3- Consider setting up a 'Staging CRM'.

Staging your imports in an intemediary CRM does make the process a bit more comlex, but complexity is a relative term. Large &/or repeated imports are perfect opportunities to totally ruin the integrity of CRM data.

We can either practice prevention, or run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to put out fires. Guess you have to ask yourself if you'd rather be a smoke-detector (and priactice fire prevention) or a fireman.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
AlishaV
Contributor

SOLVE

Beautiful response. Very helpful. Thank you!