reusable mapping template for import

SOLVE
AlishaV
Contributor

Hi friends, 

We will need to be doing a daily import from a CVS for a new process  going forward. Does anyone know of a way that a prior mapping for import can be saved so that we don't have to remap every time? 

Thank you!

Alisha

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Reusable mapping template for import?

Short A: No. No need.

Longer A:

We do lots of large (>50K) imports for clients across multiple portals and here's a couple things we've learned to make life MUCH EASIER.

-1- Use the correct HubSpot property names in your .csv.

This totally eliminates the need for what you refer to as a 'mapping template'.

-2- Unless you're just importing a handful of records, always, always, always test your .csv with a single record or two before performing the full import.

Can't even begin to tell how much time this will save you from having to read those horrible error files. haha

-3- Consider setting up a 'Staging CRM'.

Staging your imports in an intemediary CRM does make the process a bit more comlex, but complexity is a relative term. Large &/or repeated imports are perfect opportunities to totally ruin the integrity of CRM data.

We can either practice prevention, or run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to put out fires. Guess you have to ask yourself if you'd rather be a smoke-detector (and priactice fire prevention) or a fireman.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Reusable mapping template for import?

Short A: No. No need.

Longer A:

We do lots of large (>50K) imports for clients across multiple portals and here's a couple things we've learned to make life MUCH EASIER.

-1- Use the correct HubSpot property names in your .csv.

This totally eliminates the need for what you refer to as a 'mapping template'.

-2- Unless you're just importing a handful of records, always, always, always test your .csv with a single record or two before performing the full import.

Can't even begin to tell how much time this will save you from having to read those horrible error files. haha

-3- Consider setting up a 'Staging CRM'.

Staging your imports in an intemediary CRM does make the process a bit more comlex, but complexity is a relative term. Large &/or repeated imports are perfect opportunities to totally ruin the integrity of CRM data.

We can either practice prevention, or run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to put out fires. Guess you have to ask yourself if you'd rather be a smoke-detector (and priactice fire prevention) or a fireman.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
AlishaV
Contributor

Beautiful response. Very helpful. Thank you!

MGee7

Yeah am also want to resuable maooing template its help me alot .

You write just according to my need .thank you 

0 Upvotes