"edited with Hubspot" in my emails, what is this???

altjx
Participant

It's been awhile since I've tried to send an email from Hubspot, but when I did today, I quickly noticed something that was appended to my signature. It was a little piece of text that says "Edited with Hubspot"

How do I disable this??

30 Replies 30
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @altjx, I can confirm that HubSpot branding is included with all of HubSpot's free products. If you are seeing this on a paid product (HubSpot Starter, Professional or Enterprise) please let me know. 

For more information r.e. the feature set of each of HubSpot's product offerings please view the pricing page here: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/marketing?selectedPackage=free

ISG78746

So if we pay for a HubSpot product this unprofessional "edited with HubSpot" will go away? Can I continue to just send my emails with Outlook and they will be tracked in Hubspot?

Annoyed this wasn't pointed out before I invested the time in this CRM as I would have looked for a CRM without advertising in my all my client communications. Very unprofessional.  

altjx
Participant

+1 to this. This is actually very annoying. I don't mind a little bit of branding or something very subtle with free products, but I have never seen any other emails come from anyone with branding that looks like this.

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@altjx @ISG78746  I have not seen this and it could happen to me. Can you please screenshot it?

If you use chrome or outlook, you should be able to track and log. 

0 Upvotes
ISG78746

From HubSpot:

There is HubSpot branding in the free CRM, but this can certainly be removed! To remove the HubSpot branding from your emails, you will need our Marketing Starter ($50/month for 1k contacts). This will eliminate the HubSpot branding while giving you some ad management, email marketing abilities and list email blast sending capabilities.

0 Upvotes
ISG78746

HubSpot:

I just double checked with one of our engineers. If you are sending emails via outlook not via HubSpot they will not have the branding line and will still be tracked in HubSpot. The branding is only from sending emails inside of HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@ISG78746 @roisinkirby  My question remains, what does it look like?  Is it specifically for mass emails (email marketing) or every email sent from the contact page?

0 Upvotes
ISG78746

"(logo) edited with HubSpot" HubSpot is a link. 

Will not let me attach .pdf.

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@ISG78746  I thought I was not able to attach inside the CRM and went outside to regular email to attach.  Has this changed?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@ISG78746 

Looks like you can attach some files and they are stored.  I prefer a regular old attachment.

attach.png

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@ISG78746 @roisinkirby This does not make sense. I am sending emails through the CRM - SALES HUB, why would I need marketing starter to eliminate the tag edited with Hubspot?  

@jennysowyrda I believe "edited" is the wrong term. Hubspot is not editing the email. Can this be addressed?

djc1
Participant

I've had the free account for over a year and I am seeing the "edited with hubspot" now.

Why is this only showing up all of a sudden?

Seems capricisous....

0 Upvotes
LarsQR

1. When it is free, you are the product.

2. You cannot turn it off (unless by bringing out your credit card)

3. Delete it when composing an email...yes, possible.

4. Keep #3 a secret.

0 Upvotes
djc1
Participant

Thanks LarsQR but it refuses to let me delete it when I compose an email.

Please advise.

D

0 Upvotes
LarsQ
Place your cursor above the signature, drag over to mark, hit delete
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@roisinkirby This disappeared for a couple of days and came back.  What happened?

0 Upvotes
kristianwalby

I have earlier used Close.io, Pipedrive and Base/Zendesk Sell. So far I prefer Hubspot - it just works. 

Except for this one detail - having to remove the "Edited with Hubspot" manually from every mail I send. Come on... At least make it optional. Please!

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@kristianwalby as a free product I get it. I wish it said something other then edited with as this seems misleading.

@roisinkirby any way to get the wording adjusted? edited with seems like you are reviewing.

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@mentorportland did you go to the idea and upvote it?

0 Upvotes
elissa
Participant

Agreed - we won't use the functionality with this tagline addition, it's very unprofessional. Very disappointing as the ability to send emails from within the app was appealing to my management team. We are evalutating Hubspot based on the free version, but if we can't use this option, it will greatly diminish the effectiveness of the trial.

LarsQ

I for one fail to understand all the negativity about this branded signature IF you are using a free version of Hubspot.

When it is free, YOU are the product.

If everyone dislikes it so much, start subscribing.

I am a business owner and I cannot pay my bills if I don't charge my customers.  

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@LarsQ I donot object to HubSpot advertising. I would prefer a CHANGE in the word "EDITED"

0 Upvotes
LarsQ

On that, I agree.

0 Upvotes
holensteinGEM
Participant

+1 on this one...
First, when sending INDIVIDUAL mails to contacts in the SALES hub, it makes the recipients believe they were being sent some mass mail. Very misleading!!

Second, the term "edited" implies that Hubspot was involved with the content of the mail. Again VERY misleading!!!

Come on Hubspot. How should I ever start using it so I can demonstrate Hubspot to my boss? You think he buys into the product if he sees this? We will need to be able to try it out with REAL client interaction before I can pitch buying Hubspot to my boss...

Too bad, Just started to believe we could use Hubspot in our small company. But I guess that ends the undertaking here...

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @holensteinGEM currently for marketing emails to not display "Edited with HubSpot" in the footer, you would need a Marketing Starter plan or above. 

Are you also seeing this message in your sales emails? Could you provide us more details? I would also recommend upvoting this idea here .

Upvoting there will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

holensteinGEM
Participant

Hi Pam

Yes, If I just go to the contacts list, click on a contact name to see his detail page and then click on the "Create an email" button at the top left, an email editor window opens which contains the "Edited with HubSpot" footer. This is just a pure nuisance and makes me completely ignore the email functionality of hubspot. 

hubspot email footer.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello, @holensteinGEM currently the "Edited by HubSpot" branding should only appear on Free Hubspot accounts. You should not be seeing this with the paid subscription.

I would like to share this idea here so you can also add your feedback to our product team.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

holensteinGEM
Participant

Hi Pam

Thanks for your reply. I am fully aware that for marketing mails, this "Edited by HubSpot" branding appears. And I am also 100% agreeing that the wording using the term "Edited" was a really unfortunate choice as it leads to misinterpretation (i.e. HubSpot modified the content).

However, I was of the opinion that when sending a mail from the "Contacts" details page, that branding was not visible in the past. Your April 28th reply also suggests that this should rather not be the case. Still I stay with my opinion that such a branding in individual mails makes the whole mail feature totally useless, because NO SINGLE company would want such a branding in clearly individual mail communication with customers or prospects - not even during a trial phase...!

So as I said before, I believe I am not the only one where this branding is a killer / no-go for getting management buy-in for broader trials of HubSpot.

A pity

best regards

Yves

0 Upvotes