Account & Settings

MDurkin
Teilnehmer/-in

__ptq.gif Hubspot Cookie

lösung

Hi, 

I've set all cookies across my entire domain to be off in the Data Privacy & Consent > Cookies section of my account. However I'm still seeing the __ptq.gif cookie load on the site in spite of this. 

Does anyone know why this would be and how to prevent this loading?

Thanks, 

Mike. 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
PamCotton
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

__ptq.gif Hubspot Cookie

lösung

Hello @MDurkin, happy Friday! 

The pixel is expected to still load even if the user hasn't accepted cookies, but it will only record anonymous page view data and nothing about the user. Without cookies we still want to be able to record that a page view happened, we just can't record who viewed the page. If you were to prevent it from firing until cookies were accepted your traffic analytics would be completely incorrect.

We don't have documentation on the pixel specifically but this article lists all of the cookies we use. Only the ones marked "strictly necessary" should fire before consent is given and everything else should require consent.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
MDurkin
Teilnehmer/-in

__ptq.gif Hubspot Cookie

lösung

Thanks for explaining @PamCotton . Makes sense!

Thanks,

Mike. 

PamCotton
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

__ptq.gif Hubspot Cookie

lösung

Hello @MDurkin, happy Friday! 

The pixel is expected to still load even if the user hasn't accepted cookies, but it will only record anonymous page view data and nothing about the user. Without cookies we still want to be able to record that a page view happened, we just can't record who viewed the page. If you were to prevent it from firing until cookies were accepted your traffic analytics would be completely incorrect.

We don't have documentation on the pixel specifically but this article lists all of the cookies we use. Only the ones marked "strictly necessary" should fire before consent is given and everything else should require consent.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Keatran
Mitglied

__ptq.gif Hubspot Cookie

lösung

This is wrong, specifically you state "Without cookies we still want to be able to record that a page view happened", you do not need a cookie to do that at all, your backend server can do that, the very definition is that cookie is tracked across multiple sites so that is profiling a user based on multiple sites that is by definition a tracking cookie.

Even if your not activly collecting personal information with that cookie which I don't believe (As a programmer and Data Controller) as you have that in your forms that cookie easily connects to a form submission and therefore the personal data attached to that submission, the rules of GDPR are very clear that it must be impossible to connect that data for it to be anonymous.

0 Upvotes