Account & Settings

BD

personal user details

SOLVE

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is an option to add personal details to a user in hubspot (e.g. photo, phone number, address, birthday etc)? I have my VA added as a user, but don't seem to be able to add any additional details and can only change her level of access 
🤔

Thank you for any help and input

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

personal user details

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Is there an option to add personal details to a user in hubspot (e.g. photo, phone number, address, birthday etc)? 

Short A: No. Personal details (e.g., email address, username, and photo) are tied to each user's HubSpot account and can only be changed by them.

Longer A:

Even as Super Admin or Admin you only have access to the username, email and photo entered by the user against their HubSpot account (i.e., email address). Unfortunately, you'll need to ask that they update their HubSpot username and photo there.

Additionally, we like to add each user to our HubSpot CRM and exclude their IP address so as not to skew performance reporting stats. Once in the CRM as a contact you have the ability to update any built-in contact properties or add custom contact properties that may be appropriate for your use case. (recommended)

Important Note: Changing a user's email address is a 3-step process requiring you,

1) add them as a new user

2) transfer ownership of any assets to the new user

3) delete the old user

Hope that helps.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please tag @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

personal user details

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Is there an option to add personal details to a user in hubspot (e.g. photo, phone number, address, birthday etc)? 

Short A: No. Personal details (e.g., email address, username, and photo) are tied to each user's HubSpot account and can only be changed by them.

Longer A:

Even as Super Admin or Admin you only have access to the username, email and photo entered by the user against their HubSpot account (i.e., email address). Unfortunately, you'll need to ask that they update their HubSpot username and photo there.

Additionally, we like to add each user to our HubSpot CRM and exclude their IP address so as not to skew performance reporting stats. Once in the CRM as a contact you have the ability to update any built-in contact properties or add custom contact properties that may be appropriate for your use case. (recommended)

Important Note: Changing a user's email address is a 3-step process requiring you,

1) add them as a new user

2) transfer ownership of any assets to the new user

3) delete the old user

Hope that helps.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please tag @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
BD

personal user details

SOLVE

Thank you for that :). Not the end of the world as I can obviously store their details elsewhere, just thought it would be nice.

0 Upvotes