Account & Settings

ctkitchen
Contributor

emails not logging

SOLVE

I have multiple Hub Id's that each a unique log in and not tied to the other.  My newest account is having trouble with logging emails. There is an integrated gmail account and the sales extension . Google Chrome is not behaving so it can not be used always. It is possible I will miss emails going out due to using my phone to send an email or another browser. However, all my incoming emails should be logged.

This is critical to success.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

emails not logging

SOLVE

HI @ctkitchen,

The app will enable you to log and track emails that are sent from a phone or tablet. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
25 Replies 25
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

emails not logging

SOLVE

This article on why emails aren't logging in HubSpot might help & also contains some common troubleshooting tips. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @ctkitchen,

You can use your bcc address when sending emails from any email client and that will ensure all emails are logged to the contact records. 

The incoming emails will depend if the emails are replies to emails you sent that were logged. Email replies will log, however unless you are using the conversations tool, incoming emails will not be logged by default.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda 

I'm finding I'm  having this problem intermittently. Some emails from my contacts seem to log and others don't.

All emails I send are sent from my G Suite inbox (using the Hubspot plugin) and have the Logged and Tracked options ticked, but still not all replies get logged automatically.

Based on what you wrote about Conversations, do I understand correctly that if I were to also add my G Suite email address as the Conversations team email inbox address, this would correct the non-logging problem or is there more to it than this?

I find the system here at times very confusing, so if there are any direct steps that need to be followed to definitively correct this non-logging problem, can you please outline them in detail? I'm sure others would also benefit from this.

Thanks,

Will

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

@WillH1  Hi WIll,

This may seem an odd question and I apologize.  Are you sending the emails from a phone or ipad?  I have trouble with logging and tracking when using my phone and ipad.

The second option, if you send the email through the Hubspot portal, rather than G suite, will you receive the sent email in Gsuite and will the reply track and log?

Chris

@jennysowyrda Jenny - logical?

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc Chris,

I don't use an iPad or iPhone for business mails. I've got the Hubspot app on my Android phone, but so far have only used it just to see activity/whether mails and chats are registering.

If I send an email through the Hubspot portal, it logs I've sent the mail, but it doesn't necessarily log replies. This ties in (as far as I can see) with the problem I reported in another thread where an registered contact forwarded me a message and Hubspot interpreted the message as coming from the original source, not the person who forwarded it to me (my registered contact in Hubspot).

Since then, no messages sent to me by this person get logged. Only my replies back to him get logged.

I just tried sending an email from one of my spare email accounts to my G Suite/Hubspot registered account (after adding my G Suite address as my team email address), but Hubspot has flashed up the message:

"We're experiencing delays across conversations, workflows, lists, reporting and email sends.
Investigating - We’re currently experiencing delays across conversations, workflows, lists, reporting, and marketing/ service hub email sends. We’re actively investigating the cause of this issue and will update this page when more information is available."

Nothing appears in my team mailbox at the moment (all sorts of emails appeared when I first ste this up last week) even though there should at least be the email I sent a few minutes ago. Must be because of the problem mentioned in the Hubspot message above.

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow.

Has this always been so hard to manage?

Thanks,

Will

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

I've just had a new message from Hubspot saying there have been problems since around 11:30am.

There seems to be some sort of major problem here.

Considering I've had a number of emails from customers and prospects that won't now long themselves in the system, what should I do?

Thanks,

Will

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi Will @WillH1 ,

I know this is not optimal when I am missing an email in my CRM, I use the forward email  (hub id)@forward.hubspot.com

When I know ahead of time I need it (if I remember) the I use the bcc (hubid)@bcc.hubspot.com

Yes there have been issues today.  They are working on fixing them. I can see pieces have been restored. 

WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

Thanks.

Unfortunately, once again I typed a detailed reply in response to your advice below (appreciate you highlighting the bcc and forward functions, which I have added as contacts to facilitate use), but the system seems to have just eaten it. It's gone.

Maybe things will improve.

Will

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

@WillH1 Can you explain what you are experiencing when you type out a response and it disappears?  

I have had issues with my post failing. This is very frustrating. When it happens, I am copying what I intend to say and going to another browser, edge. Yes, it is less than ideal, but for me, it is better than getting more frustrated each time the post fails. And at the time, if the post says it fails but actually post, I am less than amused. 

I often wonder what in the background is happening when something I am trying to accomplish on the computer fails.  Did I overload the extensions I love to use? Is there a conflict within my personalized settings? Have I been surfing too much even though it is all in very specific places, email, and crm? What in the world did Google do or change to effect this?  Unfortunately, I am not technical enough to know the answer or make the change. I want what I want and I want it now or preferably yesterday. 

This current issue affecting all user is not something I have experienced in the past, the fix may help fix some issues we are experiencing.

Hang in there. For me it is worth it.  This is the 4th company I have brought HubSpot to and I am working on two others.

Chris

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I've just typed 2 long and detailed replies so far and clicked on Submit Post.

In both instances the posts were accepted, however for the first one a message came up later saying it had been marked as spam and deleted. Great.

The second post just disappeared. No message, nothing.

I still can't related incoming mails to existing clients and prospects.

Do people who pay for Hubspot get a better service? I'm just trying to ascertain what the advantage of paying for Hubspot is. My free account so far has been one frustrating incident after another.

I'm quitting for today. I've got a backlog of emails now I've got to try to rationalise in some way.

Will

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

@WillH1  I sent you a PM that might help

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @WillH1 It looks like things are moving back to normal. 

When I can't post here, I copy the text and go to another browser to post, then return here.  Or you can try a private message.  Up at the top the envelope.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @WillH1,

For the emails not logging and tracking with the boxes checked, can you please send along screenshots of: 

1. Emails being sent with bcc addressing populating (for logging) and track box checked (for tracking)

2. Screenshots of the email response 

3. Screenshots of the contact's timeline

The responses will only log if they are responses to the original email which contained the bcc address. If you can send along the examples, I am happy to take a look!

_______
In regards to your message disappearing, I apologize for the frustrations this causes. I am investigating this issue and if you are able to reproduce it at a time when you can collect a har file (the har file collection would have to be started before clicking submit post, which I realize is not ideal) I would appreciate having that information! 

@gelflex-cc if you have har files as well, please feel free to send them my way! 

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

@WillH1 Hi Will,

Testing is not my favorite because I want it NOW, however, providing the screenshots enables the HubSpot team, or the community,  to see what is going on and better assist. 

Please stick with it.  I love my sales starter (another account) and all its features. 

Chris

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

I replied and said I have the information and then requested the best means of sending it to @jennysowyrda , but so far I've not heard anything back.

And just to be clear, I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but your response sounds like you think I'm unwilling to gather the requested information. Again, I have done as requested. I have the information, but I can't (and won't) post it to a public forum. That would be both foolhardy and illegal. I, like any good business, am bound both by NDA agreements and the GDPR.

When I have a secure and private means of suppling the info (and a complete understanding of what information has been gathered and who will view it), I will provide it.

Regards,

Will

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

emails not logging

SOLVE

@WillH1 I am sorry for the confusion, no I do not think you are unwilling to do anything.  I wanted you to know you are not alone in general.  It was challenging for me to take the time to test.   And even more challenging when posts here failed after writing everything out.

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Thanks. Your message only appeared after I typed my response to Chris.

I'll have to come back to you about this. I'm just too pushed up with work at the moment.

I was under the impression that if I sent an email from within Hubspot or from G Suite with the HS plugin enabled, there was no need to include the BCC address. Is this not the case?

I have had quite a few messages log and track correctly without using the BCC address. It's just 2-3 contacts that this seems not to work for (for whatever reason).

Thanks.

Will

0 Upvotes
WillH1

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda 

When I have the information you requested, how should I get it to you?

Thanks,

Will

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @WillH1,

I just followed up with you directly with next steps.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ctkitchen
Contributor

emails not logging

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda I need to kick this around. The adding of a BCC is a struggle.