Account & Settings

LLundström

What determines "last activity date" on a deal?

SOLVE

I'm trying to find what defines the last activity date on the deal and if it is possible to edit? At least I assume that is the field which appears on deals as "inactive for x days"?

I have a situation where a deal has been created on July 6 but the last activity date says June 18, hence it says the deal has been inactive for a number of days even though it was just created. Anybody has an explanation/solution?

Thanks in advance!
/Lotta

LLundstrm_1-1625639778493.png

LLundstrm_0-1625639555740.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LLundström,

The Last activity date refers to the the last time a note, chat conversation, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a deal. This is updated automatically by HubSpot and can't be edited. And yes, this is also the property that HubSpot checks for "Inactive for ... days" notice.

If this date is before the Create date of a record, you probably chose to associate activities from other records during the deal creation:

karstenkoehler_0-1625640447140.png

Without this association, HubSpot wouldn't have anything to measure last activity by. Since there are past activities from the contacts or company, HubSpot will say that this deal has been inactive. (I agree that this is not perfectly intuitive.) If you want to remove the "Inactive for ... days" notice, simply log a note.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice! If you consider this thread closed, you can help the community by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it 🙂

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LLundström,

The Last activity date refers to the the last time a note, chat conversation, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a deal. This is updated automatically by HubSpot and can't be edited. And yes, this is also the property that HubSpot checks for "Inactive for ... days" notice.

If this date is before the Create date of a record, you probably chose to associate activities from other records during the deal creation:

karstenkoehler_0-1625640447140.png

Without this association, HubSpot wouldn't have anything to measure last activity by. Since there are past activities from the contacts or company, HubSpot will say that this deal has been inactive. (I agree that this is not perfectly intuitive.) If you want to remove the "Inactive for ... days" notice, simply log a note.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
BrianCarter
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I'm curious to know how I could make a workflow to email a deal owner if a deal has not been updated for 2 weeks. There isn't a "Last activity date" for the Deal object so would you recommend using a trigger like this?

Deal stage is any of XYZ

Company Last activity date is XYZ

Thanks ahead of time,

Brian

LLundström

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten! We recently migrated into Hubspot and the association you mention was probably made then. I agree, a simple log of a note should do the trick.