Account & Settings

DAstapkovich

We weren't able to verify your information

I'm trying to evaluate HubSpot CRM and CMS for a new project of mine. 
Started my account yesterday, some features like adding web pages, were blocked due to absense of account verification. Today I've received a message that HubSpot weren't able to verify my information, so features will remain locked, and this can't be changed. 

I've checked the policy on account suspension, it clearly states the following:

"If suspicious activity is detected at sign-up or when using the platform, access to certain features will be temporarily suspended. When this occurs at sign-up, HubSpot may ask you for more information about your account. A member of HubSpot's team will review the details of the suspension, the information you provide, and your account to make a final decision."

I was never contacted by HubSpot. The only answer I was able to get from chats is simple: there's nothing you can do about it. It was a result of thorough security check, they can't share any details though. There's a basic recommendation to post a question here and/or to start a new account. 

I can start a new account, but it will refer to the same URL I'm planning to use for my project. So chances are the result would be the same. 

What should I do now? The only real option is to forget about HubSpot and google for an alternative.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DAstapkovich,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

If certain tools remained locked after the account review, this decision is, indeed, final, and unfortunately cannot be appealed further. 

Have you used your business domain when you registered the HubSpot account? The account verification is based on the domain the account is registered with and it's best if the account domain and the domain you connect with the CMS Hub match. 

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

DAstapkovich

At start I used my email at gmail and example.com because that was intended to be a simple test/sandbox. Then I've used my real domain name for the site, that is under the development right now, so we don't yet have emails on it. 

I do understand it would be ideal to use same domains, but again - I have no clue about the platform, I need to run a test on my own. I'm ok to pay for that if needed or to have for a limited period. What would be the best way to do it?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Got it, thank you for the additional information @DAstapkovich!

You should be able to test the software in the free version, even if the account verification wasn't successful. You can still use most of the CRM tools and check out the content editors, you just won't be able to send out emails, use the calling tool, or publish content. 

You can also create a new free account - this time, I'd recommend using the real domain name during the registration process, even if the webpage is still under development.

You can learn more about the different HubSpot account types in this article. 

I hope this helps!

Mia, Community team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

DAstapkovich

Well, I need to test CMS to understand if it's enough for my goals, but I can't create a single page if the account isn't verified. Just do a basic test for the real estate project to see it in action: basic list of properties, search, landing page with a spotlight section. Turns out to be impossible to achieve, which is something I can't understand. 

0 Upvotes
BHenry0

Did you find a solution? If so, please do.

0 Upvotes
BHenry0

..do share

0 Upvotes