Account & Settings

MattGoodrum

View TEAM ONLY permission doesn't seem to work

SOLVE

I have setup a single TEAM with 5 users in the team.

One of these members is called Client Services

Client Services is set as the own of a large number of company records within hubspot so if i check the companies, they all show with the Own Team of TEAM.

If i login as client services, i see all the companies fine

HOWEVER 🙂

If i login as any other member of the team, i see literally no records.

HubSpot - Company Owner.JPGHubSpot - Company Team.JPGHubSpot User Settings.JPG

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post by accepting the 'solution' (HubSpot word).

Q: If i login as any other member of the team, i see literally no records.!

Short A: They're there. Your filter is just wrong.

Since HubSpot drives permissions based on 'asset ownership' (e.g., Contact Owner, Company Owner, Deal Owner, etc.), and since asset ownership by a Team isn't supported ... you need to filter based on another team MEMBER. (not 'team')

Longer A:

Ownership by a Team isn't supported in any version of HubSpot. A good way to think of it may be that teams can't own or access anything. Only members (aka: HubSpot Users) can own or access things.

A 'Team' in HubSpot can't OWN anything. Nor can a 'Team' in HubSpot access anything.

Also, HubSpot Teams, by definition, don't have any permission settings. It's the HubSpot Users (aka: members) that have permission settings.

The value Teams have in HubSpot is to allow Contact Owners, Company Owners, Deal Owners, etc. to share access to each others assets. This does not mean that the entity called 'Team' has any inherent ownership or access itself. (a fine point, but important distinction)

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post by accepting the 'solution' (HubSpot word).

Q: If i login as any other member of the team, i see literally no records.!

Short A: They're there. Your filter is just wrong.

Since HubSpot drives permissions based on 'asset ownership' (e.g., Contact Owner, Company Owner, Deal Owner, etc.), and since asset ownership by a Team isn't supported ... you need to filter based on another team MEMBER. (not 'team')

Longer A:

Ownership by a Team isn't supported in any version of HubSpot. A good way to think of it may be that teams can't own or access anything. Only members (aka: HubSpot Users) can own or access things.

A 'Team' in HubSpot can't OWN anything. Nor can a 'Team' in HubSpot access anything.

Also, HubSpot Teams, by definition, don't have any permission settings. It's the HubSpot Users (aka: members) that have permission settings.

The value Teams have in HubSpot is to allow Contact Owners, Company Owners, Deal Owners, etc. to share access to each others assets. This does not mean that the entity called 'Team' has any inherent ownership or access itself. (a fine point, but important distinction)

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes