Account & Settings

TCastillo1
Contributor

User Job Title on Presets

Hello, we have created a Preset for all users where their individual email signature includes the personalization token of 'User Job Title'. However, we can't locate where do users add their job titles so that this info can be populated into the email signature. 

Thank you

4 Replies 4
vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

We need the capability to automatically add Personalization token for all key fields used on a User record. We can merge in the First & Last names and Phone number of a User. We should also have the option to add the user's Job Title into the Preset (as defined by their User record) - this is pretty standard in all email signatures.

It would be great if the standard functionality for a Simple signature also allowed you to insert a richer signature, as you can do with Wise Stamp - many small/medium-sized businesses would benefit from this.

TCastillo1
Contributor

Frank, thanks for your response. HubSpot has the option to add 'Job Title' as a token when you personalize email signatures using Presets for users (Setting > Users & Teams > Presets). Below shows how you can customize the signature including the user's job title. 

TCastillo1_0-1674484037249.png

franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Thanks @TCastillo1 

Goes to show you learn something new every day! Wasn't aware of the preset feature and email signature option. After a quick read of this article, it seems like those custom email tokens aren't really that useful, unless everyone in your preset has the exact same job title. You would define the value of the token for each preset you create.

It would make more sense to have additional fields in the individual users' profiles, which they maintain, and then pull these through into the email. Might be worth posting this as an idea on the ideas forum, if it hasn't been done yet.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @TCastillo1 

To the best of my knowledge, personalisation tokes only work for HubSpot CRM objects - contacts, companies, deals, tickets, etc. The HubSpot users itself neither have the option to "job title" in their personal settings nor could that information be pulled through via personalisation tokens.

How are setting/adding that email signature to HubSpot?

Usually the email signature for CRM emails is set under Settings > Your Preferences > General > Email Tab and looks something like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 07.23.13.png

If you have the overall building block, users would add this themselves and then just add their job title.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project