Account & Settings

BSC
Participant

Unknown Contact and Company Added To CRM

Résolue

A company and contact we have never heard of - "IP Communications",  https://www.secureserver.net/default.asp?prog_id=buywebhosting - was added to our CRM automatically. The company appears to be a domain-selling/hosting site.

According to activity reports, it began visiting pages on our domain, including the login screen and archive pages on 9/20 and has a total of 12 site visits, with 51 pages viewed. The contact in Hubspot was created from "Direct Traffic" and was changed to "subscriber" on 9/26. No one on our team has ever dealt with this contact.

Has my site been hacked/compromised and should I change my site and Hubspot pw, etc.?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
shearn
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

The only way a new contact can enter your system is if they are manually added/uploaded, came in through an integration or if they've filled out a HubSpot form on your website. Typically when a lead becomes a 'subscriber' they've filled out a blog or newsletter sign-up form. 

It's not uncommon to get contacts like this as they may be crawlers/bots. If you look in your Prospects tool you will see a number of Domain selling companies, internet service providers and other junk companies that have visited your site. 

The chances your HubSpot instance has been hacked in highly unlikely and this wouldn't be typical behaviour if it was. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
shearn
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

The only way a new contact can enter your system is if they are manually added/uploaded, came in through an integration or if they've filled out a HubSpot form on your website. Typically when a lead becomes a 'subscriber' they've filled out a blog or newsletter sign-up form. 

It's not uncommon to get contacts like this as they may be crawlers/bots. If you look in your Prospects tool you will see a number of Domain selling companies, internet service providers and other junk companies that have visited your site. 

The chances your HubSpot instance has been hacked in highly unlikely and this wouldn't be typical behaviour if it was. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.