Account & Settings

AndreaMilani
Contributor

UI Currency Exchange

I noted a big bug in the Currency Exchange UI. If you look at the currencies, for example USD, GBP and EUR, setting up the currency exchange with USD as company currency, you would expect to have USD=1 and then the others how much you can get in that currency with a USD. So for example 0.77 GBP and 0.92 EUR. At least is what you would expect when looking at the "Exchange rates"

Something like this

AndreaMilani_0-1649426606719.png

But the problem is that, when you click on edit the exchange rate it says the conversion in the other way:

AndreaMilani_1-1649426659117.png

So if you are not careful, you risk to have the conversion rates wrong.

It would make sense that:

1.  in the pop up the conversion rate requested is from USD (company currency) to GBP
  2. Alternatively that in the main view the conversion rate is consistent with the pop up.
0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

UI Currency Exchange

Hi @AndreaMilani,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and sharing your feedback! 

If you're using multiple currencies in your account, you can use the Exchange rate field to make sure that your reporting on revenue is correct. The behaviour you described above is expected. The "Exchange rate" field is used to convert your new/secondary currency to your main company currency. If the Company currency in your settings is USD: instead of seeing the 1 USD value in different currencies (what you expected, if I understood correctly), you actually see how many USD you get for one unit of your new/additional currency (the same as in this converter for example). 

The reason behind this is that this exchange rate is used in multiple tools across HubSpot in order to calculate the actual amount of your deals in your selected Company currency.

For example: I've created a 10 USD deal and a 10 GBP deal in my account. Because the exchange rate is set up in my account settings, my deal report now shows actual values of my deals in my main Company currency, USD: 

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 17.53.14.png

My Currency settings: 

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 18.01.24.png

I hope I understood your feedback correctly. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings