Account & Settings

gijsijsebaert
Participant

Two factor authentication failing in Safari 12.0.3

SOLVE

Users within our company using Safari 12.0.3 are having trouble using two-factor authentication. After receiving a text message with a login code, filling this in properly and pressing "login" they receive a message saying a problem has occured during two factor authentication that might be related to the web browser. If they user either Chrome or Firefox, this problem does not occur.

Anyone else having the same problems? 

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gijsijsebaert,

Can you confirm that the issue persists after clearing your cache and cookies in Safari? If the issue is specific to the browser, there may be something in your computer or network cache interfering with the connection.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gijsijsebaert,

Can you confirm that the issue persists after clearing your cache and cookies in Safari? If the issue is specific to the browser, there may be something in your computer or network cache interfering with the connection.

Thank you,
Jenny

Ziyon

SOLVE

Same issue here. With Safari 2FA does not work either after clear cache. I tried to disable and enable 2FA SMS still having problems with safari. It only works if I disable 2FA completely.
I can access using firefox with 2FA enable.

0 Upvotes
gijsijsebaert
Participant

SOLVE

Cheers, works for us as well. 

0 Upvotes
ojobson
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Tried the suggested fix and it worked for me - no error message in safari!